Junie's Place: Ruby Tuesday ~ March24, 2009 ~ and a poem!

Monday, March 23, 2009

Ruby Tuesday ~ March24, 2009 ~ and a poem!



( Mellow Yellow Monday post below this one)


It's Ruby Tuesday time!

This is when we can post red things in our life!

Go here to find other red posts!


~~~

The male Cardinal is breathtakingly beautiful, while the female is much more subdued in color!

This male Cardinal is resting among the tangle of Wisteria vines of our arbor.

This early spring I am seeing a lot of these guys around our place, along with their less flamboyant mates!



~~~

( previously posted here ~ a poem )



Cardinals

I see Cardinals almost daily in spring and summer,
but just for fleeting moments;
and seldom see them congregated more than two, together.

It’s as if God is guarding me against an overload of too much beauty
- all at once!

Each time I see them I feel this rush of pure joy!

His plan is good! :)




Cardinals


He is deepest red, while she is more like rust
- in all their glory given-
perching there among the blossoms, pink!

A decorator of high fashion
might be hesitant to pose them, thus!

The colors
– one so soft, the others, more than bold -
would surely clash
...one might think!

But for me…the soft pink of the Redbud tree,
so pleasing and fulfilling
- a most glorious blooming tree-
can only be enhanced, the more,
when there among her branches
flash the reddest red and rust!

The purest joy that any eye could see!


June Kellum
March - 2006





Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 8:45 PM , Blogger EG CameraGirl said...

We have a cardinal family in our yard too but I can't seem to capture them with my camera. Very nice that you could!

Happy Ruby Tuesday!
My Ruby Tuesday post is at
More of Me - EG

 
At 11:20 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Junie:-)

I'm back from my trip and wanted to let you know that you need to go to my blog for a surprise!!! hehe

Cardinals are such beautiful birds and I sure wish we got them over here but unfortunately we don't. Love the poem you wrote about the cardinals, just wonderful!! xoxo

 
At 1:55 AM , Blogger Carletta said...

Wonderful photo Junie!
I've taken so many pics and posted a few but I can't seem to stop taking their pictures. Especially when the sun is shining on them.
The cardinal is our state bird.
Lovely poetry!

 
At 8:19 AM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

I just left Pea's Corner, and I came by to congratulate you on your win!!

I so love cardinals. They are my favorite bird.

 
At 8:41 AM , Blogger Donna said...

How Beautiful!!!! I Love the Red Bird!!!hughugs

 
At 10:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in Calif and we never see Cardinals, only in pictures. This one is beautiful

 
At 1:27 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Pea,

Thanks !

Oh! And -so cool I won your Blog giveaway! Such a pretty teapot!!'


Hugs))


Junie

 
At 1:30 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Carletta,

The Cardinal is my favorite bird, I think! Well-I love them all but the Cardinal just dazzles with it's bright beauty, doesn't it!

Hugs))


Junie

 
At 1:33 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Anni

Donna

Amanda,


Thanks to all for your visits

... and for your 'congrats' Anni!! :) (lucky me!)

I'm glad you all enjoyed the Cardinal pics!


Hugs))


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home