Junie's Place: Ruby Tuesday ~ June 16, 2009

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ruby Tuesday ~ June 16, 2009


It's time for our 'Ruby Tuesday' pictures again! It's fun to share all the reds in our lives!

~~~

Visit Mary/The Teach to find other Ruby Tuesday posts!




~~~

These flowers are Crape Myrtles. This is my husband's favorite flowering bush/tree and he has A LOT planted around our place.

We have a few different colors but this dark red is one of the most flamboyant ones!

(Last year we counted 51 of these plants on our property! lol)





Enjoy your day!


Junie

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 12:25 PM , Blogger bj said...

O, JunieRose..this is just PERFECT for RED day. Love it.
Come see my RED that you can eat...

 
At 12:26 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

I love these beauties too!
I've always wanted one but haven't ever seemed to get around to doing that.
My old neighbor had some and would cut them back so far I thought they would never recover - they did.

 
At 12:31 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Oops, sorry...my Ruby post is on my photoblog.
My post is here: Carletta’s Captures.

 
At 12:35 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

These are really pretty! Wonderful post! I love your pic from 1972 :)

 
At 1:03 PM , Blogger Suburban Girl said...

I've always admired Crepe Myrtles but have never had one. Glad you do!

 
At 3:57 PM , Blogger srp said...

These grow everywhere here in Virginia and are my mom's favorites. I love the bark on the tree trunks... or the lack thereof and the mottled look.. almost a camouflage look to the trunks when they grow to tree size.

 
At 5:02 PM , Blogger floreta said...

nice flower plant

 
At 5:04 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Oh my goodness; simply gorgeous Junie Rose!! :)

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I can see why these are Charles' favourite trees, they are absolutely stunning! I've never seen those around here, I'm guessing we don't have the right zone for them. Beautiful!! xoxo

 
At 7:11 PM , Blogger Karen said...

beautiful flowers
http://www.ageorgiaangel.com/blog/?p=995

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home