Junie's Place: Goats-a-Plenty!

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Goats-a-Plenty!

NOTE:

'Camera Critters' post below this one!


~~~

Yesterday Charles called me from the goat auction where he had gone to buy ONE goat... to tell me he had bout FOUR goats!

Lol-ok!

I just hoped they would work out better than our last attempt to get company for 'April!' ( who we bought this past April- and who recently had a stillborn baby! :( )

I felt so sorry for the little lady as she's seemed very lonely and discontented!!

Well, now she has a lot of company and , happily, these goats all took to each other just fine. Maybe it's because the new ones are all young. Maybe April is still remembering her lost baby... Anyway, they all seem very happy together!

This is 'April'~ taken soon after we got her.




These are the first pictures I have of the new little girls!














































:)


...OK-You all know I like to name any new animal that joins us here!

My granddaughter, Alli, named my new kitten but I wanted to name these goats!

I told Alli before her granddad got back home with the goats that the prettiest one would be named 'Junie Rose!'
(LOL-such conceit, eh?)

In the pics you will see 'Junie Rose'
is 'the prettiest'...the one with the lighter tan markings on her sides and legs...

OK- I named one 'Brookie!' (My granddaughter's middle name is Brooke!) She is the smaller one with mostly brown on the head.

'Sarah' looks a lot like 'Brookie' except she's a bit bigger!
(And those who know me can figure out why I picked that name ... yes?)

The darker brown one I named 'Delilah.' This I chose for a favorite song of Alli's favorite band~'Plain White T's!'

So our farm adventures continue...


Love ,

Junie

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 8:39 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I trust that April will be a contented goat. And the others too.

 
At 9:53 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) looks like that's the way it will be!

Thanks for stopping by AC.


Junie

 
At 12:07 AM , Blogger mimi said...

wow what a cutie goats, i love them all, they are so healthy and chubby.

 
At 8:58 AM , Blogger Regina said...

Nice captures!

 
At 1:47 PM , Blogger Skye said...

I like your new goats, Junie! I hope April will be much happier now.

 
At 2:49 PM , Blogger dot said...

Ya'll should have great fun with 4 goats. lol. They are sure cute.

 
At 8:52 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

They are so cute!

 
At 11:54 AM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I'm sure it didn't surprise you at all that Charles came home with 4 instead of just 1??? lol I love the names you gave them and no doubt April will have fun with her new playmates:-) xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home