Junie's Place: Today's Flowers ~ Nov 8~2009 ~ 'Hibiscus'

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Today's Flowers ~ Nov 8~2009 ~ 'Hibiscus'

~~~


Go here to find other flowers.

~~

This is one of 2 Hibiscus plants I bought recently.






I have missed these flowers since we moved from south Florida.

They do grow here - further north - but don't thrive as well as in a more tropical climate!


I'm hoping to get these through the winter, potted, and plant them in the ground in the spring!



Junie


Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 12:33 PM , Blogger i beati said...

that's an unusal one with lots of pizzazz sandy

 
At 1:09 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

What a lovely salmon color!
I'm sure you'll get it through the winter and we'll see more shots next year. :)
Carletta’s Captures.

 
At 2:12 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Looks VERY pretty from here sweetie!!hughugs

 
At 4:15 PM , Blogger Quilt Works said...

Hibiscus is such a pretty flower!
great job!

Forget-me-nots are my contributions to flowers today

 
At 5:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely hibiscus. I love the petals - soft like tissue... Yours has a lovely colour.

 
At 6:30 PM , Blogger Fred said...

There must be a subtle difference between our climates. They grow like weeds down here. We lost a few this winter, but we clipped a few branches and replaced them.

And, I wear them on my Hawaiian shirts almost every day. The kids love 'em.

 
At 7:21 PM , Blogger eden said...

beautiful hibiscus. i love its color

 
At 2:20 AM , Blogger Arija said...

A lovely colour, I hope you have a sunny, warm spot for it.

 
At 7:47 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Fred,

They DO grow here-I see some established bushes around town...but I think they have to be well protected until they get going!

Hoping these new ones will make it!


Junie

 
At 7:49 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, All,



Will visit you as I can.


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home