Junie's Place: End of day...

Saturday, October 31, 2009

End of day...

Halloween night


Our day turned out very tame and quiet, after all!

I made a good chicken dinner and I made cupcakes ...but just Charles and me, Tina and Dan were here for dinner! My son, Chris and grandson Brian were both working. ( Tina worked too, but was off by dinner time.) Marc (Tina's husband) is on the road again - Crete trucker!

The Orlando 'Cats' couldn't be here ... (Tam, Terry and Zach)

Though I thought Alli would be here, she decided not to come - as she will have to drive up 2 days next week for doctor appointments ! Also, she needed to study for a big test on Monday.

Oh well- that's how it goes when kids grow up...jobs-school...all that stuff!

Alli sent these pics to her mom and gave me permission to put them here! This is the Halloween Costume Party she went to last night with her dance club group! She was 'Little Red Riding Hood!' Looks like they had fun!













Well, after dinner I got some vids of my monster visitors in action...They were loud and obnoxious for awhile!

Would like to show you but I don't know how to put a video on...(unless it's a Youtube!...lol-I need Alli for that!) Actually , you didn't miss much- just a lot of moaning and groaning and loud howls! Frankly, I'm ready to see these guys on their way!!
( does that sound mean spirited of me?)

It's weird where we are as we never get trick-or-treaters...I mean NONE!

Not at all like it was when my kids were growing up in our neighborhood in Miami. You probably know the kind of neighborhood...with houses built with barely 20 feet distance between them! It was a 'young' neighborhood when we moved there. Our kids grew up there and knew every other kid on the block! Trick -or- treating was fun for the kids in those days and ours and the neighbor kids would roam their world on Halloween night-with pillow cases for 'treat' bags! ( AND those pillow cases would be nearly full at the end!! haha)

Usually Charles and/or I would go with them...but then there would be the problem of - 'who will give out the candy at our house?' I remember once Charles got the idea of using the honor system for the candy...so what he did was he wrote a sign and posted it saying..."Please take just one piece of candy ( or whatever amount he said) and leave the rest! :) ... Can you believe when we got home that bowl was completely empty?? :) Lots of trick-or-treaters, I guess...or one or two
real hungry ones!! haha

Here's a pic of my pretty daughter and my handsome grandson tonight!



...and one of Charles watching the end of the Gator game...
(Another big win!)













Lol- and one picture of the witches...

Hard to tell which witch is the Halloween one! ;)




Have a good night, All!

Junie Rose

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:35 AM , Blogger Sally said...

Awwww, Alli looks so cute!! She always does, though. It was quiet here last night also; I think most of the kids now go to parties and that's a good thing IMO.

Go Gators!!!!! :)

 
At 7:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These days just aren't the same as it used to be, as popular as Halloween is. We just had one little neighbor girl come trick or treating. Best for the wee ones to stay safe.

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Awww..Love the photos! And NO you're not mean spirited! Some of those Goblins can get a little OUT THERE!
Happy day sweetie!hughugs

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home