Junie's Place: Truffles

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Truffles

This is something new to me....

Truffles!

NO-NO- I don't mean 'Chocolate truffles-the candy,' for -yes- I do know those truffles! :) I know them pretty well, in fact!


I mean the kind of truffle that is found underground among the roots of trees...

The other day Charles brought me these 2 objects that he found in the cow pasture, while digging and loading some dirt for the garden. He asked me if I knew anything about truffles, and added that he thought that's what these things were that he had dug up.

I had heard of them, of course, but had never seen them at all; in fact, had never researched them to see what they looked like.

Well, with the marvels of the Internet, I DID research them now- and immediately found *a lot of very interesting info about truffles!*

I'm still not convinced...but the pics look like what Charles found! He brought me 2 of these-one he had cut in half- to see what it was like inside.

What do you think? Is this truffles - or something else?




Maybe I should get me a Truffle Dog- or Truffle Pig to do some truffle sniffing out and digging for me! ;)

Check the link I left to read about truffles and see pictures!




Junie
( the seeker )

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 4:39 PM , Blogger Skye said...

I would say those are truffles! Too bad they are not the chocolatey kind, though! :)

 
At 7:21 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

The only truffles I know about are the chocolate ones! lol I didn't even know there was a fungi plant with that name...I think I'll stick with the chocolate ones. hehe I went to the link you provided and yes, what Charles found certainly does look like the truffles shown in the pictures. xoxo

 
At 2:55 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Nobody knows the truffles you've seen, nobody knows your ...

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

haha!! AC, You're a big help!

:)


Junie

 
At 10:25 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Skye and Pea,


Yah- the chocolate ones I could go for!! ;)


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home