Junie's Place: First day of Spring in Ocala!

Saturday, March 20, 2010

First day of Spring in Ocala!



This first day of spring has been perfect here in Ocala.
Yesterday was a grand day too.


In my post yesterday I showed you a bouquet of Azaleas,
reflected in a mirror!


These pictures (today's post) were also taken yesterday when Charles and I were cutting the flowers to bring in the house and arrange for display.

As I mentioned, this light pink Azalea usually blooms a few days ahead of the darker flowers of our other bushes!


The abundant, early spring blooming of the Azaleas in this area is one of the things that first attracted me to this place where we eventually built our home!

It will be our last home, I feel sure. I hope so for I can't imagine ever living any place other than here!


Springtime is beautiful!


Azaleas

Photobucket




Red Bud blossoms




Enjoy your spring!


Junie

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:14 PM , Blogger dot said...

Well if they are blooming at your place it won't be long for here. My favorite time of the year!!

 
At 9:27 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Dot,

Yep- you're not that far north from me since you moved! :) You'll have Azaleas blooming real soon!

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Looks wonderful. Our first day wasn't as nice as most days lately.

 
At 11:18 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh Junie...it's all so beautiful, and I needed to see that. We had more snow yesterday; but didn't amount to much. I hope that's it. I knew I shouldn't put my snow shovel away...bad vibes.

I have given you an award Junie...and so HAPPY to do it. Please stop by my place and pick it up...it's well-deserved. Love, Joy

 
At 11:00 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

I've never had much luck with Azaleas and the deer like them too so mine are scraggly.
Yours are beautiful!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home