Junie's Place: Remembering Mom on Mother's Day

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Remembering Mom on Mother's Day

June Kellum

June Kellum ~ Remembering my dear mom...always with love ~


Mom’s Last Roses


These are Mom’s last roses.
I kept a
little part
of all the roses given,
from every grieving heart.

I
handled them so gently
and dried them - as you see.
I found the
perfect basket-
arranged them carefully.

I found the sweetest
ribbon,
and made this fancy bow-
attaching it, expertly!
It had
to be - just so!

It had to turn out special,
and easily
convey…
how much I do still love her
and miss her every day!

These
are Mom’s last roses.
They’ll always be a part
of all my memories
of her
and the sorrow in my heart.


June Kellum
Sept.
2005


Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:52 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Sweet Miz Junie! Happy Mother's Day to you!
hughugs

 
At 11:39 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Donna,

Hope your day was very special!

Will be trying to catch up with my blog visits soon!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home