Junie's Place: Yard Art-May 13, 2010-Bell

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Yard Art-May 13, 2010-Bell

Yard Art!

~ *click here* to find more! ~


Yard Art has always been an interest of mine. I love seeing the different ways people find for expressing their personalities ...almost anything goes in decorating our yards!

For instance-
I have seen old fashioned, claw foot, bathtubs used as water gardens.
(I have one of these and am thinking of making myself one.)

Also-
I have seen 'Flower beds ' made of old iron bed frames. They are set up like a bed would normally be -with colorful flowers planted inside! Very striking.
( I'll try to get a picture of one in my sister's neighborhood!)

My husband has come up with some fine ideas over the years ...This one pleased me greatly- though it did not require any great creativity on his part. Nonetheless, I was thrilled when he found this old bell at a flea market a couple years ago and did some welding and painting and installed it on a pole in our back yard.









Another of my husband's *Yard Art projects here!
*


Junie

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At 12:42 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Love the shot with the squirrel!
Wouldn't you know I took a photo of a bell at my Mom's that my Dad put up years ago. I didn't post it this week though. We're always on the same wavelength.
Did you see Ellen's roosters? I thought of ours.

 
At 2:48 PM , Blogger maryt/theteach said...

Your husband does such a great job on rusty old objects, Junie. They become works of art! Look for a slide show of all the yard art pix later today on my blog...

 
At 5:07 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

The chipmunk looks great. Almost real. :)

 
At 7:25 PM , Blogger EG CameraGirl said...

I think this is very clever!

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger Sally said...

I love the bell, Junie!! So pretty!! :)

 
At 9:35 PM , Blogger Patti said...

That is an interesting color for a squirrel. Ours around here in Connecticut are gray!

The bell must be an antique.

 
At 7:39 AM , Blogger Gemma Wiseman said...

The bell looks wonderful! There is a grand presence about it! A stunning piece for the garden!

 
At 11:12 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Carletta,

Yes, we do seem to be on the same wavelength often! :)
No-I didn't see that rooster but I need to try and check it out!
:) I'm a little behind with everything!


Junie

 
At 11:13 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Mary-

and I will check out your slide show-


Junie

 
At 11:14 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

AC,

:) You always make me smile! :)


Junie

 
At 11:18 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Patti-

The squirrel in this pic is a Fox Squirrel. I don't see them often in my back yard but they are bigger than the gray squirrels, which are more common.

The bell IS old-and I did a post on the history once- :) but I don't remember much about it now-lol- and couldn't find it in archives-

 
At 11:19 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks to all-I will visit each of you.


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home