Junie's Place: Elvis

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Elvis

Elvis Aaron Presley

 (January 8, 1935 – August 16, 1977)
was one of the most popular American singers of the 20th century. A cultural icon, he is widely known by the single name Elvis. He is often referred to as the "King of Rock and Roll" or simply "the King".

  ( Go to Wikipedia  to read more about Elvis)

~~
I was a teen when Elvis came on the scene- so-YES-he was a big deal to me and most young people of those times.  I remember well, going to see this movie with this song 'Jailhouse Rock.' 

I followed his career over the years and was very saddened when he died so young.

~~
Recently  I watched  a video with a friend, of The Who performing a song written with Elvis in mind ~ 'Real Good Looking Boy!'
Many songs have been written about Elvis or inspired by Elvis. I love this one by The Who and listen to it often.

Elvis certainly was a 'Real good looking boy' in his early years!



Thank you for the music, Elvis! 

Thank you very much!

Junie

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:40 PM , Blogger Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Junie ---it was great to hear from you. It has been awhile... Hope you are doing okay down there in Florida!!!!!

I was also a teen in Elvis' era---but for some reason, even though I did like alot of his music and had them on 45 records, he didn't become a hero to me like he did to so many... Don't know why!!!!!

But---I enjoyed your post... Elvis made a huge impression on people, didn't he? People still love him so much...

Hugs,
Betsy

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Just "one of?"

 
At 8:41 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Betsy,

Yes- sorry I had not been to visit in awhile! I need to put you on my favorites list so I am reminded to keep up with you-because you have a wonderful blog with great pics of your travels- etc! :)


As for Elvis- Yes-I did like Elvis but I wasn't a fanatic like I see these days...Lol- early on I became a wife and mother of 3 babies close in age so that took the #1 spot in my life!

 
At 11:24 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh how I loved Elvis when I was a kid...and even older. I can't believe it's been 33 years since his death; but I remember it very well. He was so vital a person that I just couldn't believe he could be gone. The year he died we were moving into the house I'm in now. I have such great memories...and had a crush on him when I was very young. Thanks Junie... Hugs, Joy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home