Junie's Place: Midweek Blues~ Sept 14, 2010 ~ 'Babe Ruth'

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Midweek Blues~ Sept 14, 2010 ~ 'Babe Ruth'

~~~


Find other Midweek Blues posts *here!*



~~

On Sunday my husband and I went out for breakfast. On the way into Ocala 
( to Hardee's)
we passed this sign.
I had seen it before but never in time to get my camera in place as we passed. This time I did and, luckily, the blue sky will make it OK for my Midweek Blues post! :)

I have always been impressed with the story of Babe Ruth, as most people would be, so I was happy I could work the sign into this post.


If you want to be uplifted, inspired,  and just feel good about life and people, visit this website! :)

~~
...And just for some added blue...
I will include this picture of our beautiful 
flag flying high against a perfect Florida sky!




Junie

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 8:01 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Such a beautiful blue sky!! I've watched the Babe Ruth movie (starring John Goodman as Babe) so many times and am always in awe of the career he had in baseball, simply amazing. Our skies were cloudy and rainy today and it only went up to 54F so Fall really seems to have arrived!! xoxo

 
At 9:22 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

I love this post. My father, who died in 1946 (I was just a baby!) loved Babe Ruth and I have one of his scrapbooks filled with newspaper articles and pictures of The Babe!

 
At 10:15 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That was a great picture to get.

 
At 4:51 AM , Blogger Gemma Wiseman said...

Wonderful blues! A unique sign of a legendary figure!

 
At 6:30 AM , Blogger Carol said...

Nice shot of the sign, and I love the flag photo. Beautiful blue skies where you live...

 
At 9:01 AM , Blogger Suburban Girl said...

This is lovely. And the blue skies are great for fitting things into Midweek Blues - I did the same thing. :) I think I need to read Babe's biography now. (I'm an avid reader.)

 
At 10:16 AM , Blogger Dianne said...

I loved Babe Ruth - flaws and all

great billboard

the flag looks wonderful waving in the breeze

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger Carolyn Ford said...

Great billboard and I especially love that beautiful flag waving against a glorious sky!

 
At 7:11 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks-all of you!

Seems we all can agree on admiring Babe Ruth!

I like that poster a billboard a lot and also that website.

Will return your visits.

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home