Junie's Place: Tull-'Fire at Midnight'

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Tull-'Fire at Midnight'

 ~~

Last night I had a most enjoyable 'night of music'  with Jethro Tull ~ highly recommended by a good friend!
(Thanks!!)

This is from 'Songs From The Wood,' (1977) an unusually  beautiful and unique album! 

'Fire At Midnight' was also included on Jethro Tull's, 'Christmas Album.' (2003)

  Enjoy!





Jethro Tull

Fire At Midnight


I believe in fires at midnight ---
When the dogs have all been fed.
A golden toddy on the mantle ---
A broken gun beneath the bed.
Silken mist outside the window.
Frogs and newts slip in the dark ---
Too much hurry ruins the body.
I'll sit easy ... fan the spark
Kindled by the dying embers of another working day.
Go upstairs ... take off your makeup ---
Fold your clothes neatly away.
Me, I'll sit and write this love song
As I all too seldom do ---
Build a little fire this midnight.
It's good to be back home with you.


Junie

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:44 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Beautiful lyrics!

 
At 8:33 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Carletta!

I like this song a lot- It's very nice.

and I DO like a LOT of Jethro Tull but have to say they are different! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home