Junie's Place: Ruby Tuesday~ ( for Sept 7,2010 ) Aloe

Monday, September 06, 2010

Ruby Tuesday~ ( for Sept 7,2010 ) Aloe

***

Ruby Tuesday



Visit *Mary/Teach* to see other Ruby Tuesday posts.

*


I have a lot of Aloe plants growing in my yard.
Aloe is an attractive and interesting plant to grow and is very beneficial.
  (I have used it to soothe sunburn and insect bites...but the list is long, as to it's uses.) 
 Aloe can be grown as a potted plant or planted in the ground. Sometimes they are hurt by the cold this far north in Florida, but they will always come back.

  *
 You can find out more about the
* ALOE * plant here.



Junie

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

At 6:55 PM , Blogger Marites said...

our aloe's flower is colored green-yellow. this one's a unique red. it's really good to have one at home for home remedies. my RT is up here.

 
At 7:04 PM , Blogger Patti said...

This is a really pretty bloom, Junie!

Thanks for the RT visit. ;-)

 
At 7:10 PM , Blogger EG CameraGirl said...

Aloe are so pretty in flower. I have never gotten mine to flower though! Love your photos!

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger reg said...

I never had a clue they flowered. This is awesome

 
At 8:39 PM , Blogger Jan n Jer said...

I did not know they bloomed either. Great shot.

 
At 11:21 PM , Blogger khaye said...

my first time to see an aloe has flowes.
http://www.rachelcay.com/2010/09/ruby-tuesday-hot-choco.html

 
At 3:31 AM , Blogger maria said...

I've never seen aloe flowers before. Now I know how they look like. Thanks for sharing, :)

Happy Ruby!

Maria @ LSS

 
At 8:48 AM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

This stuff grows wild...it can be very invasive, we had it in our back yard in Tucson and I was always having to thin it out!


Ruby Tuesday KACHINA DOLL

 
At 9:31 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Anni,

Yes, it spreads a lot but I don't mind where we are, as we have a lot of area. It's planted around a tree in an 'out of the way' spot.

 
At 9:37 AM , Blogger Auntie E said...

Don't think I have ever seen the flowers of them. I use Aloe from the plant all the time.
My Ruby Link for you

 
At 1:38 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Such a pretty bloom junie!
hughugs

 
At 1:44 PM , Blogger Chubskulit Rose said...

That's gorgeous!

Spice Up Your Life with Ruby Tuesday!

 
At 4:17 PM , Blogger maryt/theteach said...

I really like this, Junie. I think I might try to grow aloe inside this Winter! HAppy Ruby Tuesday! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home