Junie's Place: Mellow Yellow Monday_Nov 1, 2010 ~ Colorful Crotons ~

Monday, November 01, 2010

Mellow Yellow Monday_Nov 1, 2010 ~ Colorful Crotons ~

~~~

It's time for sharing what's Mellow Yellow in our lives!




~~~
When we lived in Miami we saw  a lot of these plants in landscapes and hedges. We had some in our yard also. I always loved seeing these, especially in the fall as the colorful leaves reminded me so much of the fall foliage of the northern  places where folks actually have season changes. There are several varieties of the Croton plant, each with a variation of spectacular leaves-all year round!

(Some people dislike this plant, but not me!) 




Here in north Florida -with our colder winter- the Croton is seldom seen in yard plantings; though, in the fall they are sold as potted plants.   I have never tried to grow one indoors but decided to get this one and give it a try! 






Junie

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 3:39 PM , Blogger Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

these yellow is refreshing.

 
At 6:36 PM , Blogger eileeninmd said...

A lovely colorful plant. Happy MYM!

 
At 6:56 PM , Blogger Empty Nester said...

Very pretty! I'm following you from Mellow Yellow!

 
At 7:18 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I'd say your experiment was quite successful.

 
At 7:21 PM , Blogger Sally said...

I like them too, Junie, but have never tried planting them in the yard. I thought you were going to say *(and I can't spell this) kalancheloe.

Happy Monday - tomorrow is the big day!!!! :)

 
At 11:41 PM , Blogger Dinah said...

there are lots of these plants in sunny Philippines :-) love their color!

MYM:Happy Halloween

 
At 7:10 PM , Blogger Kelli said...

beautiful foliage

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home