Junie's Place: Getting ready...

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Getting ready...

~~~


  
I've been very busy the past couple of days -shopping, wrapping, cleaning, cooking...and not sleeping!

...Now I can only say,"Whatever will be, will be...I gave it my best shot!"

Today I got 2 pecan pies made for Christmas day and they look like they turned out well! We'll see!
(but as they say-the proof is in the pudding-or in the pies in this case!)


Night before last I made cookies...

On impulse I had bought dates and oatmeal and all the other ingredients to make this new recipe. This was on display with the holiday goodies to bake and I wanted to try something different....Well, let me just say it was not an easy task getting all those weird things mixed together...and in the end I was  worried that  the cookies would be just awful!
(You see, I'm a chocolate and pecan and coconut kind of gal when it comes to holiday baking!)

  lol-I ended up with almost 6 dozen of those 'new and unknown' cookies! They are good, however....just not CHOCOLATE!!  I told Charles if I ever do make cookies again they will -for sure-  be with nuts and chocolate in them!!

I got rid of some of these cookies by gifting some neighbor kids with them! haha

Luckily, I have my stash of Magic Cookie Bars hidden away in the freezer...lots of nuts and chocolate and all things good in those!


   
I didn't feel up to doing the Harvest loaf again and I know it will be missed!  :(
But the girls are making some goodies too and I'm sure we will have a lot of choices!

( Lol- bet my date/oatmeal cookies will be the last to go!! :))

OK- ready or not-CHRISTMAS is almost here. I will be thankful for one more time of having my family all together.


Love,
Junie

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:00 PM , Blogger Donna said...

ALL of it looks Wonderfully delicious Miz Junie!!
Merry Christmas!!! Enjoy!
hughugs

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

hahaha-

but Sally and Donna....those are my Magic Cookie Bars from last year that you are looking at!


My Oatmeal-date cookies didn't even get their photo taken....THAT'S how un-impressive they were!!! :)


Love,

Junie Rose

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Pie looks good. You won't starve at your house. Marry Christmas.

 
At 10:22 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, AC.

Merry Christmas to you!

 
At 9:14 PM , Blogger Skye said...

I'll eat those cookies, Junie! I LOVE dates!!! (Of course, I love chocolate, too... not so much nuts, though!)

Hope you had a great Christmas! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home