Junie's Place: Thursday's Theme Song ~ 2-10-11

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thursday's Theme Song ~ 2-10-11

 ~

 

This is a new (for me) Meme I saw at our blog friend Carletta's place. It looks like fun!

(go here for more posts on this  and to learn how to join in the fun!)

~

These lyrics popped into my head from a song by Jackson Browne, "These Days."

"Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them."

~~

This is an old post about a silly mistake (failure) that happened to me in the past!


I thought it fit that part of the lyrics well.

 

(OK....speaking of silly mistakes...here is one from last August!!)

 ~~~

Tuesday, August 25, 2009


Spray cans


...and cooking eggs...


Oh, my goodness! Yer gonna LOL at this...maybe even ROTF!

Yer gonna say,"Poor Junie Rose - she's losing it!"

You might even jump to the conclusion that I'm getting old and senile! :)
(...but you'd be wrong , there!!!! haha!)

~~~

OK~ I have to say my day got off to a bit of a slippery start today.
Let me explain!

I was rushed this morning -knowing I had a whole lot of shopping to do- but I needed to eat a little breakfast before leaving. I thought a fried egg on toast would be just the thing!

I get my fry pan out and go through the routine of spraying lightly with cooking spray. I then put a pat of butter, also, in the center of the pan. (I love eggs fried in butter) I break my egg into the pan-and then break the yolk for the way I like my eggs! (cooked well done)

I quickly turn to the opposite side of the room where my toaster is and drop in one slice of bread!

Suddenly I smell this pleasant but unrecognizable scent...not at all like an egg frying in butter!

I check my egg and it looked like a normal egg starting to cook...but...WHAT the heck!!

Then it dawned on me what happened...and I was immediately laughing out loud at the absurdity of the whole thing!!

I had used this to spray into my fry pan! :) The back side was to me...lol- not the side that boldly said, 'Pledge Wax!'


You see- I had used this to clean my counters last night- but neglected to put it away. It was sitting near the stove sooo...
(Could happen to anyone-RIGHT???)

Funny thing was-I believe that egg would have cooked right on in that spray Pledge wax! :) Smelled heavenly, too!

Don't worry, tho, I threw it out and started over in a fresh pan and with this!
:)



Seeing the 2 cans together you can see they are of similar size...tho nothing alike in color or design!



....but-this was a new brand of cooking spray for me and I was not that familiar with the look of it....
( more excuses)
Oh, well!


(maybe the old girl is losing it!)



Junie Rose

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:17 PM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Great photos with your song choice Junie!!

Keep up the good work. And if you get a chance, come by and visit me for my Thursday Themesong.

 
At 5:58 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

So glad you didn't spray it too near the flame.
Glad it all worked out.
Thanks for the shout-out! :)

 
At 8:57 PM , Blogger SquirrelQueen said...

Love your song choice. I hadn't heard the Jackson Browne version before I just remember the later Allman Brothers' version.

 
At 3:12 AM , Blogger Kay L. Davies said...

Nice song choice for Thursday's Theme Song!
Come again.
-- K

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home