Junie's Place: Thursday Theme Song~ Silver Morning-Kenny Rankin

Friday, March 04, 2011

Thursday Theme Song~ Silver Morning-Kenny Rankin

 ~~~





~
Early this morning I walked outside and snapped this scene of my new day. I had missed the actual sunrise but the early morning sun cast a lovely glow across the dew covered grass.

I immediately thought of this beautiful song by Kenny Rankin.

Lyrics ~ Kenny Rankin

"I am walking through a silver morning and I feel the music inside me"


 Enjoy!


I have this album from the 70s.  Kenny Rankin was one of my favorites back in those days.
My son, Chris, had brought his music to my attention, knowing I would love it! I have several of his albums...but you know how it is with albums...we tend to neglect playing them often enough these days.
( cds are easier)
What a shame!

Now that this morning has reminded me,  I will want to  listen to some more of my albums and favorite Kenny Rankin songs.

Speaking of 'silver,' what a silvery voice this man had!!

Sadly, Kenny Rankin passed away recently.
(February 10, 1940 - June 7, 2009)


Hope you like this!
Love,
Junie


Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:22 AM , Blogger Kay L. Davies said...

Your photo is of a perfect silvery morning, Junie. And yes, it's sad that the man with the silvery voice died too young. Fortunately, he and his music are still bringing happiness to you and many others!
Nice to see you on Thursday Theme Song. It has become my favorite meme.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

 
At 3:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks K,

I'm pleased that you like my picture and also the beautiful song I put with it!

It's always a pleasure to meet people who appreciate Kenny Rankin's music!

Junie

(for some reason I can't post , except as anonymous today)

 
At 4:49 PM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Sad, but oh such a beautiful song...AND photo!!!

Thanks for stopping by to visit with me. Happy weekend.

 
At 5:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Anni



Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home