Junie's Place: Midweek Blues~ June 1, 2011-Blue Flowers

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Midweek Blues~ June 1, 2011-Blue Flowers

~~~




~~~
On our anniversary last month we received this plant as a gift from one of our grandsons and his girlfriend!  I don't know the name of it, or anything about it.
(I need to research it)
 
  This plant has very attractive flowers that open at the top of long spikes. It had 2 of these flower spikes when we got the plant and has had 2 others develop and bloom since the end of April!

 

We tried keeping it inside but I think the AC wasn't good for it so I moved it to our front entrance garden. It's happier!  :)
 I need to find a good place to plant it out there.

 
 
These pictures show the plant inside in our foyer and also after I moved it outside!

It's such a pretty shade of blue-actually I suppose it's between lavender and blue!

Can anyone identify this plant for me?


Junie 


Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 10:48 PM , Blogger Suburban Girl said...

Hmmmm I am not sure but I like how dainty the flowers are.

 
At 11:01 PM , Blogger Jim said...

Hi Junnie ~~ Happy MidWeek Blues!
Mrs. Jim says your flower is an Agapanthus - a.k.a. African Lily or Lily Of The Nile. We leave ours outside year round (Southeast Texas) and it is about ready to blume again.

I will soon be doing Mrs. Jim's annual evaluation (on my blog) so I think she is on her best behavior right now.
Thank you, Mrs. Jim.
..

 
At 8:34 AM , Blogger Donna said...

I was about to say a lily...I've seen them here in Texas as well...
Beautiful Junie!
hughugs

 
At 5:54 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I'm glad Jim was able to tell you what your plant is because I sure had no idea! lol It's a stunning plant, though, and I just love the flowers on it. Beautiful colour as well. xoxo

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger Fresh Garden said...

True, very true. :)

 
At 9:32 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

I knew it looked like some kind of lily. So glad Mrs. Jim was so knowledgable.
When I saw your first shot I thought the plant was small, but wow, that's a pretty large plant!
Lovely Junie!

 
At 7:49 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Jim,

Thanks for your visit and thanks to Mrs Jim for letting me know the name of this flower. I had thought it might be some type of lily.


Will visit your blog soon and catch up!


Junie

 
At 7:50 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks to all for your visits!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home