Junie's Place: Camera Critters-July 23, 2011

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Camera Critters-July 23, 2011

~~~


~~~


~~~
Does anyone know the name of this guy?
I've seen these critters often around here , and I'm sure they are some type of 'ant' or a relative... but I don't know their name. They are quite colorful and showy but I don't want to get too close to them!

One other fact about them is that I have never seen more than one of these 'ants' at any given time!
(all other ants I've seen have lots of 'friends' with them!)
:) ...So that's kind of intriguing to me!  I need to find out about these 'ants' or whatever they may be!


This is my cat, 'The General,' posing by the concrete ball topper where I recently photographed the above critter!
Happy Critter Watching!

Junie

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 3:33 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Great cat pic. Bugs aren't my fave. :)

 
At 3:54 PM , Blogger coreymom40 said...

This looks like a cow ant and I always steer clear of them.

Pretty to look at though.

 
At 8:42 PM , Blogger SquirrelQueen said...

Great pics! It looks like one I've heard called a Cow Killer. It is suppose to have a rather nasty bite.

The General is very handsome.

 
At 9:00 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Wow! Just this last week, I went out to turn the water on and right under the stone by the faucet was the SAME bug! I had NO idea what it was but it was beautifully colored red and black! Looked JUST like this one!
Learn something everyday! Thanks for the heads up Junie!
hughugs

 
At 3:23 AM , Blogger Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Very nice photos of unknown bug and "The General". He is very handsome :)

Regards!

 
At 3:47 AM , Blogger Peter said...

Yhat's the common red and black bug June... glad to help.

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger eileeninmd said...

I have not seen this bug, from the other comments it does not sound like a good bug. Great photos!

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Yes, we always called it a cow killer, I hear they have a painful sting, but they are beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home