Junie's Place: More skin surgery for Charles...

Friday, November 11, 2011

More skin surgery for Charles...

~~

Yesterday Charles had another appointment for skin surgery,this one on his ear. In the past he's had several such procedures done on his face, arms and hands etc. They are usually classified as precancerous...but sometimes NOT.  This one on the back of his ear was one of the more serious types and after the cutting out he had to have a small skin graft from a section of his face just in front of the ear.  He hasn't felt well today but, hopefully, will soon be on the mend.

The place where we have to go to have these things done is more than 40 miles from our house, (maybe 50) so it's a long day.

This was our beautiful fall sky yesterday. I took this when we arrived at the place...



The waiting room was comfortable and welcoming.  I liked this statue and our flag in the main waiting area.
They also had a coffee machine and cookies for the ones left to wait.


After a second trip back...after the cutting and testing...Charles was finally finished and ready to leave!
... Rescued me just in time, too, as another old lady had just started into  what looked to be a political tirade with me!  Whew!!

On our way home, we decided to stop for dinner at a restaurant we both love. Actually, this is one of the two  'Stump knockers' restaurants that we visit when it's convenient. One is located in the town of Inverness...this one of yesterday is near Hernando, right  next to the Wichlaccochee River!  This is a beautiful setting ; ideal for a Catfish/Seafood restaurant!

 
This is what the Catfish looks like!
Great!!

And this is our favorite - fried mushrooms!


After our meal, we took a few minutes  looking around the property outside by the river!







One of these days we're gonna take a riverboat ride up that lazy river!  Charles promised!!


Love
Junie

Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 6:22 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Oh Junie! Tell Charles I hope he feels better real soon!
What a Beautiful place!! And the food looks wonderful... Have a Restful weekend!
Hughugs

 
At 9:42 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I've never had catfish, but it looks good, and the shrooms look great. All the best to both you. I know it's difficult.

 
At 12:07 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

I hope he gets better real fast Junie and that it does not recur. That is a beautiful place to eat! Such lovely photos.

 
At 12:08 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

Oh, I meant to tell you I had fried mushrooms today too! There is one restaurant here that has great ones that I dip in ranch dressing. Yummy!!

A ride up the lazy river looks very inviting!!!

 
At 10:05 AM , Anonymous momma said...

It is a trying situation when a love one must go through health problems repeatedly but you two are strong and will handle it well. Give my best to Charles and know I'm sending good thoughts to you both.

 
At 1:39 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Awwww poor Charles, I'm so sorry to hear that he had to go through this again. Please tell him my thoughts and prayers are with him.

Mmmmmm, deep fried mushrooms are my favourite too. I don't know when's the last time I had catfish...many moons ago! lol

I do hope you get to go on that riverboat ride, it looks awesome. xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home