Junie's Place: Ruby Tuesday 2~Jan 31, 2012 - My Heart

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ruby Tuesday 2~Jan 31, 2012 - My Heart

~~~





~

Fantasy

I put my feelings on the line.
I put my heart out, in plain view.
I lavished love, so willingly...
the only way I knew.


Defenses left along the way.
In shattered heaps they’re lying, still.
And what was me 
- my heart , my soul -
was there for you to fill.

I put my all, there on the line.
My past I left, without a care.
Mountains crossed and bridges 
burned...
all on a hope and prayer.

That hope and prayer are flimsy now.
The love I nurtured, has been stilled.
The dream was mine - a fantasy -
  not meant to be fulfilled.


June Kellum
April, 2008

Labels: , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 1:56 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Beautifully said Junie!
hughugs

 
At 2:14 PM , Anonymous Leah H. said...

Beautiful heart, perfect for Valentines:)

Visiting for Ruby Tuesdays 2! Hope you can stop by:)

http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/01/salt-soaking-solution.html

 
At 2:28 PM , Blogger Gemma Wiseman said...

A beautifully designed, radiant red heart!

 
At 2:56 PM , Blogger Jeannette StG said...

Beautiful flower heart Junie...and I didn't know you were a poet! Jesh

 
At 3:38 PM , Blogger Gattina said...

That's a nice door decoration !

 
At 11:09 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Love the heart wreath!! Great poem Junie!

 
At 12:17 PM , Blogger Cheryl said...

I love your photo and your poem. I also love the Mark Twain quote on your sidebar. I love lace curtains.

 
At 9:38 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

The heart, the six-paned window, the lace - so romantic looking Junie!
And the poem - wow - I love it!

 
At 10:01 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks to all for your comments!

I'll try to visit each of you.

 
At 2:37 PM , Blogger Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful poem and photo.

Regards and best wishes

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home