Junie's Place: Update on my finger

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Update on my finger

 
(posted on Face Book today)
 
 
Update on finger:

Just got back from the visit with the Orthopaedic Group and as you can see from the picture the finger is not improved (after 6 weeks of wearing the splint)

The only other thing to do is surgery-however they do not recommend putting myself through the pain (putting a steel rod through the bone) and expense of it-as it would only improve the appearance-NOT the efficiency of the finger. I'm leaning toward just living with this messed up/ugly finger. At the moment it's painful-after being supported with the splint all those weeks. Hope that will improve soon!

Hey-I can live with this-just so long as I can do a little rose clipping and pick my wildflowers...and hold that new little grand baby that's due to arrive soon-I will be happy!

Love,
Junie
(3-27-2012-after 6 weeks, splinted)
 
 (2-15-2012-at time of injury)

 

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:18 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

You know Junie, we can live with these little imperfections at our age. I can't straighten my right are totally since I had elbow surgery in Aug. of 2004. There's a permanent little bend in it...my kids and I laugh about it all the time. They tell me 'if I could fly...I'd just go around in circles.' I think you'll be able to do pretty much everything with your little bent finger. ~Joy

 
At 8:59 PM , Anonymous momma said...

If it will only cause pain and not improve performance Junie leave it status quo! Don't fret about how it looks --it is a badge of honor my friend. Another reminder of what life has handed you!

 
At 10:19 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, friends.
I'm almost sure I will not do anything else about this..I'll be happy if it will just stop hurting. It's still very sore.

:) JOY,
that's funny-what your kids say...that if you could fly you'd just go around in circles! :)

Chas-ever the funny guy-(or he thinks so!!!) said that I had better not be 'shooting birds' at anyone-that I'd end up shooting myself in the eye!
I can see how that could happen - yah, I can! :) NOT that I would do such a crude thing to anyone...! :)

MOMMA,
I agree with you-If we live a lot of years we're bound to have battle scars...
Oh! But we all had our youth and we were all Beautiful then!!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home