Junie's Place: Ruby Tuesday2 - May 23, 2012-Blackberries

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Ruby Tuesday2 - May 23, 2012-Blackberries

 ~~~

 


~~~

Blackberries come up in a few patches in our pasture every year.  We were riding around there on the golf cart a few days ago and I noticed  the berries are starting to ripen!





The red color of the berries before ripening make a lovely contrast to the ripe berry, which is a deep purple/black in color.

They are, oh, so sweet and juicy when ripe! 

I need to go pick a few for a snack!


Junie


Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:07 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Oh Man! I LOVE those things! We don't have any...I should hunt for some plants!
hughugs

 
At 11:32 AM , Anonymous momma said...

Making Jam with them is my favorite thing to do!

 
At 11:41 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Ha! We both did post blackberries!
You way ahead of me as far as berries though.

BTW: I couldn't comment on your other blog. The word verification box doesn't scroll down far enough to hit enter.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home