Junie's Place: Poem: A Year Ago Today

Friday, January 27, 2006

Poem: A Year Ago Today


A Year Ago Today


A year ago, you left us, Mom,
and we said our last goodbye.
Still, always, you are in my thoughts.
…And, still, I cry!


So many things continue,
to bring your memory home.
I miss you more than I can say,
while struggling to go on.


The pain has lessened, none at all.
The loss is still as deep!
I feel it every waking hour,
and it’s with me when I sleep…
when I, finally, sleep!


Time, they say will ease the pain.
…”But how much time?” I ask!
…”Before my heart is mended,
and I find some peace, at last?”
Never have I faced a greater task!


June Kellum
Jan.27, 2004

...I wrote this for Mom on the first anniversary...

Photo: Mom and me (June) 1970

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 2:46 PM , Blogger Mella said...

Oh Junie...My warmest thoughts are with you today.

 
At 2:58 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thank you, Mella.

(I think the re-posting of everything onto my new blog here has been a little too much-coming right at this time!...but I want to see it through anyway!)

Hope you are having a good day with your little boy today!
Hugs to you and the little Boss. :)


Junie

 
At 4:32 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

I'm thinking of you June during this very reflective and emotional time. Warm hugs to you always...

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks so much.
It helps that people care.

June

 
At 6:58 PM , Blogger Peter said...

Well written June, an interesting switch from 4 to 5 lines stay strong and keep re-posting.
Much better with the comments box to the side you can read the post as you comment.

 
At 7:28 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for reading, Peter!

:) as for my poems...I don't know the correct way of writing them -so I just add an extra line sometimes if I feel like it :) I go where my heart leads me!

I don't have very much more of my Mama stuff to re-post but I want to finish it all because it all goes together (whether it's read or not-It was mostly written for myself and family...and long before I even had my other journal/blog on AOL)

Yes, I like the comments better in the pop-up box. Thanks for telling me! This is all new and I still have a lot to figure out...but I'll get there!

...am enjoying your posts every day!! :) funny jokes!!

June

 
At 8:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought about Ma-Ma all day today, it was sad. That's a really great poem Ginga, I love it!

Love you!

 
At 8:16 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Alli,

I knew you would be remembering Ma-Ma today. The two of you had a very special relationship.

I'm glad you like the poem.

Love you,
Ginga

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home