Junie's Place: About Mom

Monday, January 23, 2006

About Mom

Three years ago I lost my Mom at age 94.It has been a hard thing, and continues to be, dealing with the loss.

I started a journal of my earliest memories of Mom and our life as a way of getting through the grief. It helped me, and it gave the family a glimpse of what our early life was like.

It's mostly just bits and pieces of early memories, but you might be surprised at how much starts to come back when you try to re-capture old times of your past! My earliest memories go back to age three!

Also, thinking back, I believe one starts to realize how certain events worked to help mold the person you ultimately become as an adult!

I wrote this, mainly, for myself and my family, but others might find it of some interest, too.

This idea might be helpful to others, dealing with such a loss!

Also, it gives a little look into what it was like to be of a poor family in the early 1940s and 1950s, in the South-USA.

It shows the power of Family Love, to overcome hardships and be happy, in spite of hard times!

I will be adding posts each day for awhile...

I hope readers will find something useful here!

June


(Go to my profile - click on- About Mom: my early memories)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:29 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

I just went to your profile Junie...lovely memories of your mother. Judging from your compassion and warmth of heart...I'd say she was truly a wonderful mother....look at the beautiful person she produced in you. -Joy

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

What a very nice comment! Thanks!

Junie

 
At 6:51 AM , Blogger Merle said...

June, I loved your poems and memories of your mother. So much so that I put some memories of
my mother on Herons Nest.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Have a happy day.

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Wonderful, Merle,

I'll be sure to read them.

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home