Junie's Place: Poem: Winter Sky

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Poem: Winter Sky

This is the way our 'Winter Night Sky' usually makes me feel. I remember this special night so well...


Winter Sky


The winter sky’s like velvet,
deepest blue!

Sprinkled lavishly with stars,
like shining jewels!

It captures me, enthralls me,
as I gaze...

with heartfelt wonder,
as the chilly night unfurls!

Enchanted and transfixed,
I stand alone.

The infinite beauty holds me
in it’s grasp.

Anyone observing me must see,
for me, a total magic has been cast!

…And for long moments
I stand gazing, thus,

until my heart is full to bursting
with the sight!

My senses freshened,
my spirit is renewed!

I feel so blessed, a part of all
this glorious night!


June Kellum
Feb. 2004

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:21 PM , Blogger Merle said...

Hello June, Love your poem. You are so talented. It is strange how our moods affect what we feel
about the night or other things.
Thank you for your inspiration to get me writing about my early life. And keep going with your own
memories. You may have started something big. Have a lovely day.

 
At 8:44 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Merle,

Yes,I think maybe I have started something! And I SO enjoy reading about other people's lives! :)

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home