Junie's Place: My Changing Moods

Monday, January 23, 2006

My Changing Moods


My Changing Moods

(Last Night)
My winter sky

Tonight I went outside and looked at the stars...
That same dark winter sky, studded with twinkling pin-points of light,
which at times has brought me such pure joy, tonight just made me feel cold and lonely.

...as the current saying goes..."Go Figure!"

J.



(Today)
Bright and sunshiny day!

The day is a fine one so my spirits are uplifted from the melancholy feelings of last night!

Admittedly, last night was a bummer. I had trouble sleeping until the early hours of morning,
when my mind and body finally decided between the 2 of them that 'Junie' had had enough!
Still, disturbing dreams kept me from a refreshing slumber!
However-ANY kind of rest is better than none!

Early in the morning I watched the birds come eat from the feeder, right outside my kitchen window.
A sight that always thrills me!


Opps! And there was General Franks, plotting to pounce ...Thankfully, those birds are Cat Smart!

J.



(Tonight)
Moody Blues

Tonight, as I fold laundry, I am listening to the beautiful music of MOODIES again.

Although, of course, they are not NEW- the music is new to me (Just the past half year or so)
I have spent many enjoyable nights listening to this music!

Very soothing and relaxing...'Nights in White Satin' is playing at the moment-a BEAUTIFUL song!

I'm happy to have had the pleasure of exploring all this NEW music.



J.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:12 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

It has been dreary and sprinkling rain all day. Tonight my nephew and I went to our men's meeting at church - weather wasn't too bad going but coming home it was rainy and foggy. It is supposed to end tonight and the fog burn off by lunch tomorrow - hope it does. Great meeting at church - we ate, then sang and prayed together - for a while - it was good. ec

 
At 10:33 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Great meeting at church - we ate, then sang and prayed together - for a while - it was good. ec<<<

:) that part sounds really good!

J.

 
At 10:13 AM , Blogger Peter said...

Hi June, love the moodies.
If you care to go back to my archives Sep. 2005 I posted a series "I could write a book" later shortened to "ICWAB" that you might enjoy.

 
At 11:28 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks,Peter,

I will have a look!

A funny thing with me and music-I have just in the past couple years really started to explore a lot of music-and find that I have missed so much, over the years.

You see- I was raising my 3 babies , in the early 60s and through the 70s and just didn't listen to much music.

I became involved in a music forum and got interested in music of the late 60s and 70s
(THE WHO,Genesis,ELP,Jethro Tull,and The Moody Blues, BEATLES, Yes, to name a few)

We would have what we called Chat/listens- on Aim-I.M. :) where 2 or more of us would be listening to the same CD-and chat about it while doing so! :) Lots of fun!

I DID have a couple favorites of my own that I knew in the 70s. Dan Fogelberg and Jackson Browne -and are still favorites of mine.

MOODIES are a group I REALLY enjoy, these days!


June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home