Junie's Place: Poem: The Sky Today

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Poem: The Sky Today



...a sad poem from my files...




The Sky Today


The sky, today,
is dark with clouds.
The sun is hidden well.
And though
I have the heat turned up,
the chill
I can’t dispel!
The gloomy day
has taken hold-
seems settled in to stay.
All things of cheer-
all sunny thoughts-
have all
been chased away!
…But is it just the
sunless day
that chills me to the core?
…Or fear that I have lost you -
will not see you anymore?


June Kellum
2004

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:13 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

What a beautiful picture....perfect for your poem Junie. Wonderful!

 
At 1:42 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for reading my posts, Joy!

Some ppl avoid reading SAD poems- but sadness is a part of our lives and I sometimes write of that part of life!


Junie

 
At 9:25 PM , Blogger Skye said...

I especially like this one, Junie... very poignant.

 
At 9:31 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thank you, Skye,

:) I'm happy when my 'SAD' poems are appreciated!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home