Junie's Place: Poem: First Signs of Spring

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Poem: First Signs of Spring


...more thoughts of Spring...



First Signs of Spring


I witnessed today
the first signs of spring,
the billowy blossoms
of the wild plum trees!

They, seemingly, mirrored
white clouds overhead!
…Except that these “Tree Clouds”
were covered with bees!
Bees working, in frenzy, among the white puffs.
Seeking Spring’s first nectar in this most welcomed fest!

I watched as this ritual
once more did unfold!
They were in such a hurry,
never pausing to rest!

This first taste of spring,
as the bees drink it in,
brings enchantment to me!
Such a sight to behold!

Full circle, once more,
the earth, new and fresh!
New life now awakens!
Spring softly unfolds.


June Kellum
2004

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:18 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Lovely Junie. It makes me feel like Spring is very near....I can't wait either.

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks !

I LOVE the early spring!

Junie

 
At 3:07 PM , Blogger Hale McKay said...

(sigh) I am witnessing the signs of a continuing winter. Snow! We are supposed to get 5-6 inches.

 
At 3:29 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

AHHH ;( I guess you're getting sick of all that cold, wet stuff by now!

This time of year I feel I am in the best possible climate...but the long HOT summers get me down!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home