Junie's Place: Poem: My Meadow Walk

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Poem: My Meadow Walk






My Meadow Walk


Today I took a meadow walk
and to my great delight,
I saw the Pinks are blooming!
It happened overnight!

The first blooms come in early spring,
to soon be joined by more;
a fragrant flower blanket
like none you’ve seen before!

Those meadow blooms, in shades of pink,
so delicate of hue-
years ago they won my heart-
became my favorite view!

I can see this from my window-
this glorious display!
But- best to walk among the flowers,
and pick a small bouquet!


June Kellum
2005

~~~~~~~~

This wildflower (Phlox) grows along roadsides and open meadows through spring and summer in our area of North Central Florida.

It is one of the things that attracted me to this area in the early 70s.

We have a meadow on our property that is left in it's natural , uncut, condition- just for the wildflowers! :)

~~~~~~~~~

This is an interesting website about Wildflowers of Florida:

http://www.flwildflowers.com/

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 10:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...amazing wilds! I wish our yard had that much color in it....unless brown is a color of choice....blah.

- Jon
- Daddy Detective
- www.daddydetective.com

 
At 10:42 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for your visit.

Yep, I LOVE my little wildflower meadow!

But-no longer have the chickens that are in one of the photos! :(

June

 
At 10:55 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

I definitely understand why you love walking through these meadows Junie....SO WOULD I. Just beautiful...and so was your poem.

 
At 12:10 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for your visit .

Those wildflowers are one of my favorite things about our area here!

;) I wrote the poem the other morning on the way down to Orlando ( for the Eagle Scout program), after noticing they were starting to bloom. I took a little walk out into the meadow. ... Not in full bloom yet.

Some of the pics are from past springs. The one by the tree stump I took that morning.

Junie

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

How beautiful! Wish they grew like that around here.

 
At 11:40 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Yes, I love the wildflowers!

I guess every place has it's special charm- especially in spring!

I love our spring , here in Ocala, even tho it's over all too quickly!

I have a sister in N.C. and she just raves about the beauty of her spring there! Wish I could visit her in spring but never have been able to!

Am posting One more of my spring pics! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home