Junie's Place: Other happenings in and around Junie's Place

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Other happenings in and around Junie's Place









Other happenings in and around Junie’s Place.

Here are a few things we’ve been up to, here in Anthony, the past couple of days!
Nothing here that’s earth shattering or that will leave you in awe…well maybe the meadow flowers will! We’ll see! :)

Yesterday was a really nice day so Charles suggested a ride on the Victory! I’m always
up for a ride…well, after getting into my riding jeans and Nikes…and getting my face presentable for view and my HAIR up!! Well, the hair can be a problem- the length it has grown to - but I always have a clip that I use when riding- so I was ready in a flash!

I grab my camera and lock up the front door but before I make it to the bike I spy the meadow! It’s close to peak perfection right now! (This wildflower meadow I have loved for the past 30+ years!)
I just HAD to get some more pics even though one little pink meadow flower is much like the next! We made a few photos but due to my/our incompetence with my new camera, some have a BLUE tint! (I keep reminding myself to READ THE BOOK, but so far I have avoided my own advice!

As it turned out, the beautiful day proved a bit too breezy for the long ride we had planned. It was kind of scary to be hit by those strong gusts of wind as we rode along! Especially when meeting big trucks, and, me, hanging over the side getting pictures of the scenery!


We ended up stopping at a restaurant we know…one of those All You Can Eat types, called Barnhills; of course, designed like a barn! (See pic) My husband, Charles, charmingly refers to these types of places as ‘Gut Stretchers! And such an apt name it is, too, if one is inclined to just totally’ Pig Out!’

I 'Chickened Out' and did not allow myself to go'Hog Wild' with my eating!

I did good!
Really!
'No Bull!'

I just had one piece of chocolate pie at the end of my meal! Not a taste of banana pudding did I have, and it being my favorite, too! Give me credit for settling for the pie!

I guess Charles figured,” What’s good for the Goose is good for the Gander,” as he, too, managed to keep a tight rein and not go' Whole Hog' with his eating!

It’s hard to just go'Cold Turkey' with your eating, especially if you’ve been used to eating 'High on the 'Hog for a long time!

I felt like we did Just 'Ducky' with this eating experience!

I hope the next time we ‘Swine‘ out we can do as well!


Today I heard this LOUD sound, and was for the moment, at a loss to identify it!
(No!! It wasn't a flashback of my latest WHO music listen!!)
Turned out to be Charles, playing with a favorite toy , his John Deere tractor, Poppin' John! I quickly grabbed my camera and got this picture for the viewing pleasure of my Blog readers! :)

Today also brought us a new, healthy, baby calf; a bull ! Charles gave him the name of Cedric 2! The Mom Cow is Pansy!

One more thing worth mentioning is this antique Cake Decorating Kit that Charles found at a yard sale yesterday! Knowing that I like such things he bought it for me! I can find no date on it but think it's from the 40s...

I Love It!


Junie

7 Comments:

At 12:28 AM , Blogger Peter said...

That was interesting June, must admire folk who can still walk when leaving an "all you can eat"
I'll have to post a pic of my JD too.

 
At 11:17 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Great pictures Junie! The place looks wonderful too. My first pet ever was a calf, so that brings back memories,lol!

Oh, and I really got a kick out of your use of food phrases-- very "tastefully" done, lol! ;D

 
At 3:30 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Peter,
Hope you will post a picture of your John Deere!

LOL!

...about those All You Can Eat places!...I always feel like such a Pig when we eat there! :)

June

 
At 3:40 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Kyle,

So glad you like my pics of our place. Ocala area , where we live , has a lot of farms; cows and horses...lots of pretty fenced pastures. I just love country scenes, so I like riding around our area, just to see what we can find!
We have cows and have several babies born every year! I always find it fun!

I have never been to Vermont, but from what I have seen in pictures, it's a very beautiful place...the old barns and country scenes would be a special attraction for me!

I wish you'd post some country scenes on here! :)
I, for one, would love seeing your place!

June

 
At 3:46 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Carolyn' Thanks!
Happy you enjoyed my pics and my post!

:) I was afraid my food phrases were in 'Poor Taste'

and you guys might 'Get Sick' of me!
I was just in a silly mood! :)

Junie

 
At 5:20 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

There's such a nice sense of warmth in the pictures of your place and the surrounding area Junie. I like visiting and getting a feel for how you and Charles spend your days...like dropping in on old friends.

 
At 5:24 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Joy,

Very nice comments! :)

Visit us any time!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home