Junie's Place: The Who

Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Who

My music choice of last night was 'The (Great) Who.'

I first played 'Then and Now.'
This is all studio recordings, spanning from 1964-2004,
including the newer songs, 'Real Good Looking Boy'
( written by Pete Townshend-supposedly inspired by Elvis Presley)
and 'Old Red Wine,' written as a tribute to the late Who member, John Entwhistle !

...I decided to play the MSG-2004-Concert -to compare the studio versions of
several songs to the LIVE concert versions!
...And once again was convinced that there is nothing like a WHO concert,
as for energy and sheer excitement!

LOL! Not that I will ever actually have the experience of seeing a WHO concert!

That fact makes it all the more special that I have the live concert CDs of
Holmdel, NJ, Concert-2002, AND MSG Concert-2004!

A good, LOUD, music night for me!!! :)

Junie

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 10:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Junie you have me drooling on the keyboard. To be able to listen to the music you do when ever you want is wonderful. My hubby is not a music listener. Oh he loves many groups but isn't in to just listening anytime.

The other thing that is turning me green are all the lovely flowers you have in bloom right now. I love lurking around your spot!!

 
At 11:21 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Momma,

I'm so happy you like lurking around 'Junie's Place!' Hope you will continue to find my little life interesting!

Yes, the flowers we have here are truly lovely-especially this time of year! But our summers are WAy too long and hot!

As for my music listens...this is something new for me over the past year or so! My husband and I never had the same musical tastes...so never did just listen to music together! Well- I listened to HIS choice, I will say! :)

Oh, I had a few favorites of the soft-rock variety that I was able to indulge in through the years- but I came to realize I had missed a lot along the way! :)

I decided it was time I did something just for ME!

This is not to say my husband and I have not shared a lot of good things. We will soon be married 45 years- so something must have worked for us! :)

...But WHY should I sit in front of a TV at night, that does nothing but bore me to death- instead of exploring this world of music which is so new and exciting for me!!

...A big part of this new awakening for me, I believe, is having my kids-grandkids too- grow up and away from needing me! I was very involved in my grandkids' raising, just as my own kids! I felt a little lost, suddenly realizing my job had come to an end! LOL!

:) In short- I think my fascination with this new music is just a natural part of my life plan! Something I NEED right at this time!

Junie

 
At 1:31 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Kyle,

Oh,yah!
I am having fun with my music these days!

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger Doug Bagley said...

Good Choice Junie! I love The Who.
I listened to Led Zepplin while working out today.
I am getting your comments on my stuff. Thank you so much for them. I try to get back to as many if not all of my readers as I can.

 
At 11:17 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Doug,

Am enjoying your site- but I got a lot of catching up to do there!

Thanks a lot for your visit!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home