Junie's Place: We're Back!!

Saturday, April 29, 2006

We're Back!!



We took a little trip for our anniversary!
... Just to Tarpon Springs...located not far north of Tampa...so- no more than 100 miles from home! It was so nice to get away if just for this short trip!
Pics:
Our first stop of the morning...
Charles - filling the gas tank
Junie - Well, I can't turn down a Hardee's Chicken Biscuit, you know!
~~~~~~





We spent time in the Greek shopping village of Tarpon Springs...a fun way to spend the afternoon.
~~~~~~
Our main plan was to catch the sunset over the Gulf...so we had to find the beach we wanted to view it from in the afternoon to be able to know just where to go at sunset! We did! :)
Pictures at the beach in the afternoon and at sunset!




~~~~~~

Charlie gave me these roses before we went out to dinner!
~~~~~~
On the way home I entertained myself with 'Sneaking' pics of Charles and getting 'Mug Shots' of myself! :)



We had a fun time! :)

Junie

10 Comments:

At 10:43 AM , Blogger StringMan said...

Love the sunglasses, Juni. And I've got to get me one of those hats like Charles was wearing. Very cool.

 
At 10:58 AM , Blogger Jacqui said...

Hi Junie, what a lovely way to spend your anniversary, you both look so happy and it sure looks l, like you had a good time.

Hope you keep enjoying my travels, I am , most of the time, tonight has been a trial though, and after a long day at the market I am just going to bed, cheers jacqui.

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jacqui,

Yes, we had a fun trip. We can't manage to get away often, so it was good , even such a short time.

I am liking your travel posts a lot!

(am having all kinds of problems with blogger -last night and today- so if I'm not around you'll know why!!)

June

 
At 12:48 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Stringman,

:) Are you poking fun at Junie's 'Shades?'
Lol- have had these same ones for the past 10 years or longer. They're prescription, of course. My eyes are very sensitive to light so I like the BIG glasses!...besides- I have never been that concerned with what's in fashion!
...never needed to be!;)

:) a little fun story about Charlie's hat...
He bought that recently at Wal-Mart and after paying for it he put it on to wear home. The checkout girl said,"You want me to cut the tags off?" Charlie answered,'Hell no! I want people to know I paid $6.00 dollars for this hat!" And with that he walked out-with tags dangling! :)

NO! Thankfully, I wasn't with him that night! :)

JunieRose

 
At 2:01 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

It looks like you two had a very nice getaway time. Beautiful pictures of everything....yes, and you guys too. Love the roses...my favorite too. Congratulations again Junie.

 
At 2:05 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Joy,

Yes, we did have a fun time. We don't often get away, even for an overnight!

I LOVE roses...have lots in my yard here!

Junie

 
At 9:32 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hello June ~~ I am glad you had such a nice trip for your anniversary. 45 years
is a great milestone, and the photos
are lovely as usual.
Thank you so much for your comments and
good wishes for my recent trip. I had a
wonderful time, but it is good to be back home again. with my blogging friends. Thanks again June. Take care,
Merle.

 
At 10:14 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

Thanks for your comments and visit.

I'm so happy you were able to have that nice trip with your son and to visit so many of your family- but it IS always good to be back home.

June

 
At 9:39 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Great pics!! Those are very cool shades you're sporting there!!
You and Charles look terrific!

 
At 10:08 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

JD,

Thanks!

...Better to see you with, my dear!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home