Junie's Place: More Crepe Myrtles

Saturday, June 10, 2006

More Crepe Myrtles




LOL!!

I was WAY off on my estimate of the number of Crepe Myrtles my husband has planted here at our place over the years!
I guessed around 30...Well, he counted them today and he says we have 51 plants!!

Needless to say, Crepe Myrtles are Charles' favorite plant! I must admit I like them a lot, too! The Crepe Myrtle can be found in several different colors, from a light pink to lavender to a deep red...and variations of all these colors! Oh, and also WHITE! C. does not like the white but I finally talked him into planting one white bush! :)

Some Crepe Myrtles are dwarf and some grow into small trees. We have both varieties and about 4 colors, plus the lone white one. They are in full bloom right now and are just beautiful! They will bloom throughout summer, will have a second bloom if pruned after the first flowering! Apparently, the dry, hot weather does not bother them because we are really in need of rain , but the Crepe Myrtles couldn't be prettier!

I always think of my Dad when I see the Crepe Myrtles in bloom! He always loved them!
(funny how some things just stay with you. My dad has been gone for 43 years)

Enjoy the photos!

JunieRose

7 Comments:

At 4:41 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

What gorgeous colors...just beautiful. Thanks.

 
At 5:05 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Glad you like them, Joy!

Actually, they are the only plants that do not suffer from this dry and very hot weather we are having right now.

I checked the temp. awhile ago -on the screened porch-and it was 100 degrees! :(

Junie

 
At 8:39 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

My favorite colors of crepe myrtles are deep red and the light purple. I almost have to stop when I see one in full bloom - just about breathtaking. ec

 
At 9:21 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

I love the purple one, too...have some, but guess I didn't put any on of that one!

It was sooo hot when I was taking those pictures today-100 degrees in the shade of my back porch!!

...I'm hoping for some rain!

June

 
At 10:25 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL!

No-HOT!!

100 degrees!! :)

Thanks, Marc!

 
At 5:41 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ The crepe myrtles are beautiful and you have so many of them.
So glad the back is nearly right again.
Don't overdo !! Thanks for comments at
my place. Take care, Merle.

 
At 10:31 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Merle,

(have tried 3 times to comment to you here!!!)

We love the Crepe Myrtles!

Do they grow where you live?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home