Junie's Place: NYC

Friday, June 09, 2006

NYC




In 1982 we made a trip to NYC to help our daughter get set up at Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), 7th.Avenue at 27th.Street, NYC

Charles and I were only there a couple days, maybe three! We enjoyed the sights , of course, but -to be honest- the Big City was a little scary! :)

It was a hard thing, leaving our young daughter there, on her own! But we did it!

At present, Tammy and her husband and son are on a 4 day trip BACK to NYC! Tammy works for a design company in Orlando, so this is a business trip!

I know they will have a good time...I can hardly wait to get some pics and a report of their trip.

I have pics from my-one and only- trip to NYC, but so far have just found this one! Hope I can find the others. I may even have a shot of the Towers, shot from the Empire State Building!

For now-this is my daughter Tammy, and me -in Central Park, 1982!

Dig those skirts!! :)

And some more recent ones of this family (Tam,Terry and Zach)

JuniperRose

8 Comments:

At 11:12 PM , Blogger Hale McKay said...

At least you were wise enough to go to Central Park in the day time.

 
At 11:19 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Mike,

It was pretty bad in those days-I hear it's better and safer than it was back then! :)

I would love to visit NY again some day but my husband won't consider it at all!

JunieRose

 
At 1:56 AM , Blogger Granny said...

I grew up in New York state and never made it to the Big Apple. You have me beat.

 
At 3:23 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ Great photos of you and your daughter and family. I hope she does well. Thanks for comment, just ignore the riddles. Is the back better?
Take care, Merle.

 
At 8:46 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for your visit, Merle,

Yes, my back is much better. Hope to be able to do some gardening after the weekend is over.

Hope things are well in your world.

June

 
At 8:48 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Ann,

Thanks for visiting.

I would really love to visit NYC again but don't expect I ever will!

June

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

I love that picture of you and Tammy...skirts and all. What a great shot.

 
At 1:25 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Joy,

Tam is my older daughter- was 19 in the picture!

I had such mixed feelings on that trip, with the excitement and total awe of the city but yet the dread of leaving my young daughter there!

She was there, I think, almost 2 years but came back to Miami and finished her college education there!

I hope to post a few more NYC pics- when I find them! :)

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home