Junie's Place: Another Blah Day!!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Another Blah Day!!

OK- another one of those days and I'm wondering, 'Who am I and what am I doing here?'

The answer to part of that is obvious! Not Much!!

The hot weather and overwhelming work load is getting both Charles and me down! He has been trying to get the rental house ready to rent again! The plants around the yard are all overgrown and he's had an enormous amount of work to do around there. ( and here too!!) He changes his shirt at least 3 times a day...working much too hard in this hot weather!

I, on the other hand, can barely find the energy to get through the necessary houshold chores! My garden is a total failure this year as I have not felt like doing anything in it! And I don't even care, that much! That's bad!!

I'm wondering if we might need a total lifestyle change...a smaller place...but how do you get rid of a long lifetime of STUFF!
When I think of that I know we never could move again!! This place has too many memories!

Am still not sleeping well on that soft, pillow top -Very Expensive- mattress!! Still thiking of setting up my own bed in there with a mattress I can sleep on! I still feel as though I'm drowning in all that softness! I never feel rested and my back and legs hurt! Charles sleeps like a baby on it, however!

~~~~~~

I am wanting to get on high speed internet and that has been an aggravation! Charles checked it out for me and he says they offer a complete package...switching our phone service and everything! He says that's the best plan offered ( Cheapest, he means) BUT all I want and need is the High Speed Internet!! I don't really like the idea of everything being tied up in one big package! I hate constant changes!

I need to have Marc home to advise and help me!!! Marc!! Come home!! :)
( Marc is my computer guy-my son-in-law)

There are so many fun things I am missing out on by still being on dial-up! I'm looking forward to all the music videos that are available now- which are just not possible with this slow dial-up! Hope I can get it going soon!

~~~~~~

Tomorrow~~~ see you then and in a more upbeat mood!! :) I promise.

JunieRose

12 Comments:

At 7:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ginga,

I would highly recommend that if you can get a package deal with your phone and internet service through the cable company, you should take it. Digital phone service over the TV cable is just as good as regular phone service... and there is a flat rate for local and long distance. Of course i get mine for almost nothing because i work for the cable company. LOL

Terry

 
At 8:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the hot weather has really gotten to all of us. I do not have any energy either.

A change might be good, but don't do anything until cooler weather and perhaps a cooler head -)pervail.

 
At 9:27 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Terry,

Will be checking out all options- but Tina told me it's not offered through our cable network out here!


Oh, well! Will just have to see what we can do and just go with it!
(lol- and you know this is not too high on Gabbo's list!)

Ginga

 
At 9:29 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Maria,

Thanks for visiting!

Yes, I can tell the summer has been a hard one on a lot of people!

We'll get through- I think!! :)

June

 
At 10:41 PM , Blogger Granny said...

The cable is a little expensive. To me it's worth it but there are other high speed providers for much less. Anyway, you don't have it there yet.

Glad you're all doing well. I haven't checked in for a while.

 
At 10:51 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Ann,

I've been keeping up with your adventures there with your girls!!

The hot weather has been bad for a lot of folks this summer! Bad for us here in Ocala!

Yes- we'll have to decide what to do about getting a better internet service! I'm missing a lot -on dial up!
(funny how this computer has become a necessity to me! :))

 
At 11:26 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

What a blah day can mean is that the only way to go is up - hope that your tomorrow will be in that direction. ec

 
At 12:39 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks,ec,

That's a very nice thought!

June

 
At 5:13 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ I love the photo of you and Alli and the early ones of you are so
nice. Good looking girls in your family!
Dial up is much slower than Broadband and I don't find it any more expensive.
I seemed to be always buying Dial-up
Hope you can sort it out soon. (Come
home Marc) Take care June, Merle.

 
At 9:19 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

Thanks for your advice. I guess I will just have to hold off for a little and try to figure things out about switching over.

...about the pictures- it's a lot of fun fooling around with them...LOL- i'm seeing some old pictures for the first time- by making them lighter etc!! LOL...as you can see by that old one of me!! (hahaha-49 years ago!!)

 
At 1:56 PM , Blogger TJ said...

Just thought I would tell you my take on high speed internet...I love it!!!
we have the trio~cable,internet and phone for $99 a month...the only drawback is we need a cell phone back up because when you lose the elecricity you also lose phone service.
Hope this helps!
:-D

 
At 2:16 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Tammy,

We still haven't decided - still weighing all the options...(cable, however, is not available for us here-so I have been told) Kinda waiting for my son-in-law, Marc, to get home because he is very helpful with these things! (Marc drives, long distance, for Crete)

...meanwhile-my dial-up has been behaving fine lately. I get online without a problem at all.

...The only thing is I have trouble downloading music videos! Have a friend who really wanted me to be able to do that -as I am missing a lot of music concerts!!

Hopefully - SOON!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home