Junie's Place: Sad Day

Friday, July 07, 2006

Sad Day



Thanks to all who showed your concern about my little missing dog!
NO-she hasn't returned and we have heard nothing from the flyers we put out around the neighborhood!

I expect this is a hurtful mystery that I will just have to live with. I don't believe she's on our property or we would have found her.

I DO know the stress of the whole thing has made me ill! I awoke, after a restless night, with a giant size headache and dizziness which I have not been able to rid myself of all day! I have been taking it easy today, but still am not feeling great!

~~~~

I read JOY'S ( see my blog roll) happy story of being with her grandbabies and it brought back such bittersweet memories of my own!

She mentioned having given Bella, her little granddaughter, a Curious George doll! Of course it made me think of my Dan's Curious George that I had given him and which was his very favorite companion for several years! Of course I now have Curious George among my treasured collections! He sits in my husband's den!

Some pics of Dan at almost 4 yrs. with Curious George, and Curious George now!






***Some thoughts on being a grandmother***

What a bargain grandchildren are! I give them my loose change, and they give
me a million dollars' worth of pleasure. ~Gene Perret

Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild. ~Welsh
Proverb

A grandmother is a baby-sitter who watches the kids instead of the
television. ~Author Unknown

Never have children, only grandchildren. ~Gore Vidal

When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window. ~Ogden
Nash

Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day
and now the day was complete. ~ Marcy DeMaree

If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren,
I'd have had them first. ~Lois Wyse

Grandchildren are God's way of compensating us for growing old. ~Mary H.
Waldrip

I wish I had the energy that my grandchildren have - if only for
self-defense. ~Gene Perret

Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple. Grandmas are short on
criticism and long on love. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort
of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children. ~Alex Haley

Grandmother - a wonderful mother with lots of practice. ~Author Unknown

If your baby is "beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on
schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time," you're the grandma.
~Teresa Bloomingdale

Grandparents are similar to a piece of string - handy to have around and
easily wrapped around the fingers of their grandchildren. ~Author Unknown

...and my favorite...

Grandmas never run out of hugs or cookies. ~Author unknown
( My little Zach said to his mom one time, "I like to go to Ginga's house 'cause she NEVER runs out of cookies!") :)

Good times, those early Ginga days!

JunieRose
(Ginga)

8 Comments:

At 1:23 AM , Blogger Granny said...

All so true.

 
At 1:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Nighty. she has gone to rest i think:( I hop that is not the case, but she is very old you know and that is what they do Ginga. I have updated my web site by the way. just thought you might want to know.

 
At 1:31 AM , Blogger mreddie said...

Us grandparents are all that - and maybe more. Still hope you find Nighty and in good shape. ec

 
At 2:02 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Marc,

Thanks,
I feel really bad about Nighty and find it so strange that she just disappeared. I wish I could just know what happened.

I'll have to check your site tomorrow but thanks for coming by!

Take care,

Ginga

 
At 9:24 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi
Mreddie,

Yes, we who are grandparents are very blessed! I can tell from your writings about your Grands that you and your wife have been the same kind of grandparents C. and I have! :)

Thanks for your concern about my little dog. It's been sad but I have to just remember that she had a good and long life and let it go.

June

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Ann, Thanks for visiting!

True, and as Mreddie says-
we're all that and maybe more! :)

Junie

 
At 10:06 AM , Blogger Jacqui said...

Hi Junie,
Ever since I got back from Perth I have been unable to access your blog site, I have tried each day and was so pleased when "Junie Rose" appeared tonight.
Sorry to hear about "Nighty", I have read a number of stories about old dogs, who wander off, to some quiet place when they reach the end of their days. I hope you do find her though.
Your right about being a grandparent, it is wonderful, and they bring us such joy, I certainly know I love being around mine.
Hugs Jacqui

 
At 10:13 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jacqui,

I too, have had trouble getting to your site(and some others) at least to comment!

Thanks for your kind thoughts about my little dog. I would be relieved to just know what happened but probably won't ever know. Several people have said the same thing about old animals doing that -just going off to die. She was very old. Still, we should be able to find her. We have several acres here, but it's all been searched...

Hope things are going well for you.

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home