Junie's Place: NY, NY

Saturday, December 02, 2006

NY, NY

My girls, Tina and Alli, may not make the connection in Atlanta, for the last part of the flight home.(From NY) May have to spend the night in the AirPort again! :(

(Hope they remembered my NY Yankees cap! ;) )

~~~

I'm remembering my only trip to NYC (1982) and have finally found the pictures of that trip-so thought I'd post some here!

My other daughter, Tammy, went to school at FIT (Fashion college) Charles and I went up with her to help get her registered and settled in.

That trip was filled with a lot of worries and misgivings, but still the CITY managed to enchant us to some degree! It was like a different world to us and it was not easy to feel comfortable with leaving our young daughter alone in that big and scary place! However, it was what Tammy had wanted for so long- to go to college in NYC at FIT- and so, I stood behind her on this!

I would love to visit NYC again someday-with more time and in a more relaxed situation! I hope I can!

In this first photo the Twin Towers can be seen. (Taken from top of the ESB.)




Here are some shots of NYC and those 'Country Folks' who came to visit! (1982)
At one time I could identify all these places in the pictures but after 24 years, I'm not sure! Some were Times Square-some were Central Park-some were near The FIT college! ALL NYC, midtown!

( Click on photos to enlarge )













I wonder ...has it changed a lot since we were there? :)
(I'll have an update soon from Tina and Alli!)

Junie

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 2:25 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ Great photosof NY NY. Tammy
looks a lot like you. Loved the test to
find your chocolate age. It works too, and I am also Bewildered and amazed. Love the little basket your mother made.
Thanks for your comments, glad you enjoy
Take care, Love, Merle.

 
At 6:12 AM , Blogger Peter said...

Hi June, that was a good find, old photos rekindle so many memories.

 
At 7:56 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

Thanks for coming by to visit. Yes, Tammy ,of my 2 girls , looks most like me -I think.

As for that chocolate-age thing -iwas amazing to me....but someone showed how it works and it's a simple math thing! (Lol- tho math is never simple for me!)

Take care,

June

 
At 8:01 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Peter,

Thanks.

Yes- since these photos-all my grandkids have been born and grown up to adults! :) at least in years!

Take care,

June

 
At 8:45 AM , Blogger Margaret said...

Hi June, lovely pics. it is always good to look back on happy memories. It is very surreal seeing photos of the twin towers, or seeing thems when they crop up on the skyline ine old movies. Thanks for visit to my site.
Cheers Margaet

 
At 8:55 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Margaret,

Thanks for visiting!

Yes, I'm glad I had that one pic of the twin towers. We didn't even get down that far- so I only have that one distant view! It's not a good picture but I'm glad I have it.

Looking at that picture you can just imagine the horror of that day in NYC!

I will never forget that image on TV-of seeing those mighty buildings crumble!

Junie

 
At 8:52 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I've never been to NYC but I've heard it's quite the city to visit!! Loved all your pictures from when you were there last...weird to see the twin towers...little did you know when you took that picture, what would happen years later! Hope you get your Yankees cap! lol Also hope they get home safely!! xox

 
At 9:05 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

Yep- the girls got home safely- but NOPE- didn't get the Yankees cap for me!

It was a real whirlwind kind of trip (Just from Friday morning till Saturday afternoon in NYC (And most of Friday was spent in Macys...waiting in line to see 'Teddy Geiger' (Alli's favorite artist/singer/guitar player!) Tina did this trip for Alli's 16th. B'day!

Yes, It made me sad to see that photo of the Twin Towers...

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home