Junie's Place: OK-getting closer...

Thursday, December 07, 2006

OK-getting closer...









OK~
I still have a way to go in getting all my decorations set up, but I DID make some progress last night and today.

Here's some of my displays~ so far!

~ A couple of my newer fancy santas are here!
These guys are about 2 ft. tall.

I have this wide window ledge in my living room which is perfect for my Christmas decorating (other seasons too!)
Our main , big tree is in the family room, but I like to put up this little fake pine tree on the ledge in the living room!

~

On this tree you will see some of my craft Santa face ornaments-also some mini-gourd ornaments~~~along with the paper santa heads I posted about earlier!

OH! And the little star santas are some I made too! :)

One of my animated santas is in the picture !

On the tree also you will see a papier mache snowman ornament, hanging near the top!

OH! And at the top of this tree is another of my Gorham Angels!
I have had my angels for over 20 years ~ bought them both at the same 'after Christmas sale!'

~
(Suddenly my browser is allowing me to use all these colors~~~ Pretty neat!! :) )
~~~

We also took MOM her Christmas flowers today!

~~~

Sorry, my pictures are not in order!

Lol!!

But a Very colorful post!!

I'll try to get back to my DRAB old self tomorrow!

Love,

Junie






Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 5:19 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~ All your decorations look great and the photos of you with the boys, and I like the 2006 one.Have you had your hair cut or is it tied back?
This is such a busy time, so much to do with writing cards and selecting gifts.
Busy, but fun! Take care, Love, Merle.

 
At 8:59 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

Thanks for reading all about us here!

I remember those early times of being a granny as some of the happiest of my long life! :) I have been blessed in being able to be very involved with all 4 of the grandkids all through their lives!

In the picture with the doll...no, my hair is not short but
held up with a clip in the back.

Yes, a very busy time...and it's frustrating because I find it harder to do things these days that I did in the past with such ease! I did manage to do a little shopping yesterday-and am almost finished with what I want to do with my decorating!

Take care, Merle.

June

 
At 11:11 AM , Blogger TJ said...

I love it that you decorate your Mom's stone June Bug!
I've noticed a lot of people here in Ohio decorate stones for Christmas...I've not seen it done much in the South, mostly decoration days in the spring...I think it is good to acknowledge our loved ones that have gone on even at Christmas!!
(((hugs)))

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Tammy,

Thanks- Well, I do think of Mom everyday and like to put new flowers there for her in every season!

When she was here with me I would often bring her flowers when I had gone out shopping! She would usually say,'Honey, just leave them out here and we can all enjoy them!(meaning in the main part of the house) She just had the one room here in our house-and never seemed to have enogh space in there!

Yes-I remember the decoration days of the south! In fact, it wrote about it a little in my 'Memories of Mom' blogs!

Junie Bug

 
At 5:11 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I just love all your decorations and am fascinated with your Santas!! I'm finally meeting someone who loves Christmas decorations as much as I do! hehe Isn't it fun to be able to use any colour you want for your font? lol I also put flowers on my dad & baby's grave (they're buried together) for every season...just last week I went to put poinsettias on their stone.

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

I'm glad you like my santas! :) I am just a kid who never grew up. I guess!

~~~
>>>I also put flowers on my dad & baby's grave (they're buried together) for every season...just last week I went to put poinsettias on their stone<<<

Pea, did you lose a child? I didn't know...I'm sorry!


Junie

 
At 10:35 PM , Blogger Susie said...

I'll be taking flowers up to my Mom and Grandma next week. I also decorate their resting place for each season.
Your decor is looking so festive Junie!
:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home