Junie's Place: Our Christmas-continued...

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Our Christmas-continued...
















We had lots and lots of presents-
and yummy food.


Here are some of the gifts
I got from the family.


~That little sparkly thing
is a diamond braclet from Charles-and it's on a pretty Christmas
sweater from my daughter.~


~~~
We all had an enjoyable Christmas Eve
but when I finally got to bed around 2:00 A.M. it was all catching up with me;
all the decorating, shopping, wrapping-food preparations!
(all the things I have loved doing in the past but that had proven to be harder this year!)


By Christmas morning I was barely able to get out
of bed and walk around!


Charles had to do the turkey dinner for us.
( With the help of the daughters ) I couldn't help at all.


~~~


We've decided that we MUST scale down in the future...
It will be hard because I have always loved
doing Christmas in a big way! And the family have enjoyed my beautiful decorations and good food!


...But things change as the years go by!


Still-the most important thing is being
with the ones you love at Christmas. The LOVE is the most important thing-
Not the amount or price on the gifts- or the fancy foods or decorations!
The Spirit is what counts most!



:) HOPE I can remember that next year
and not try to do too much!



Junie

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 2:55 PM , Blogger TJ said...

Bless your heart, maybe you'll feel lots better next time around!!
Looks like you got some good loot...are those your books...no wonder you can't sleep~~~shiver~~~
My Hubby and son loves those types...me I'm a romantical person...lol!!
:-D

 
At 3:12 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Tammy,

Yes! Those are my books! King and Koontz are my favorite 2 writers! :)

~~~I know! - I'm full of surprises! haha!~~~

Well- in spite of everything we DID have a nice Christmas!

Junie

 
At 11:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Junie do try to scale back a little. I know the joy of decorating inside and out. I also know the pain in the ankles, feet, and back when you overdo. I did it again this year and ended up using a walker to get out of bed and into the bathroom in the middle of the night. If not I would have had to crawl. There were no milk jug luminaries down the driveway this year. I had to have son-in-law David hang the outside lights for me. Every thing else went as planned but not without pain. Next year I will be one year older and the the decorations will be a lot lighter. So do consider help or taken it a little easier because it doesn't get any better. I know from experience.

 
At 11:53 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Mary,

Thanks! I know that's good advice and I am gonna try to scale back next time! What I need to do when I put my stuff away is really organize things so I know where everything is! ( 'LIKE' things together and all in plastic boxes!)...and I'm gonna throw out some stuff! You see-I have so much stuff I usually end up getting it ALL out- just to find a particular thing!

I'm always so afraid , when I get the back or leg pains, that it is a spell of Neuropathy coming on! Had that a few years ago and it totally put me down for 3 months! Didn't sleep in a bed for that long-as I couldn't be comfortable at all, except in a recliner! Worst pain I have ever had and I got really depressed and had to be on strong narcotic drugs for a spell!

This getting old can be 'Not too fun' at times! :)

Hope you're feeling better by now, too!
( your blogs amaze me- with all you do! )

Junie

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home