Junie's Place: Our Day

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Our Day



Today Charles and I made one last ( hopefully) big food shopping trip!

Got everythng it takes now for our Christmas and Christmas Eve meals! (except mushrooms-have to have them as fresh as possible!)

I make stuffed mushrooms for Christmas Eve . This has become a family favorite. They are made with Italian sausage , seasoed stuffing, spinach souffle' and cheese! Very good! We also have ham... and chicken salad...and little sausages baked in biscuits...
and lots of yummy stuff!

Tonight I am making some Harvest Loaves-as I did for Thanksgiving! (Haven't started yet- so I will be up late!!))

Charles and I had a good day! Here's some pics of our day!






The Camellias are blooming!
Some roses are also blooming.
Charlie put up my little banner for me!

~~~

















































OH!
Here are the Magic Cookie Bars! So far they are safe in the freezer- for Christmas Eve night!


It's coming on Christmas...hope it's going well for everyone! :)

Junie

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At 11:13 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

The Camellias are a treat for the eyes - and the Magic Cookie Bars look like a treat for the tummy. ec

 
At 11:35 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Mreddie,

Yep- you're right on both!

Junie

 
At 1:34 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

I don't know what got to me more..the Camellias or the Magic Cookie Bars...both I think. When I visit you...I'm in a constant state of hunger...why is that? YUMMMMMMY!

 
At 7:02 AM , Blogger Peter said...

Hi June, a very Merry Christmas to you and Charles and the family.

 
At 7:49 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie
Lovely Camellias yours are flowering our are finished.those cookies look so yummy
Merry Christmas to you and Charles

 
At 8:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Jeanette,

And a Merry Christmas to you too.

Junie

 
At 8:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter,

And to you-a Merry Christmas, too.

June

 
At 8:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joy,

I love the Camellias because they bloom when not much else is blooming here. I only have 2 colors- this red one and a soft, baby pink!

...:) Those cookie bars are very good. I have them stashed away in the freezer for Christmas Eve night!

Junie

 
At 7:05 PM , Blogger TJ said...

Now, don't those flowers look festive!!
And so do you friend...sounds like you make some yummy stuff!!
:-D

 
At 7:11 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Tammy,

Yes- can't break myself of the habit of making a lot of goodies for Christmas- even without little ones around any more!

I baked 2 Harvest Loaves today!

Lol- but after the new year starts I'm gonna have to swear off the sweets for awhile!

Junie

 
At 8:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Ginga, those magic cookie bars look delicious.
I can't wait for Christmas so i can eat them! haha
Can you email me the recipe for the M&M cookies?

love you!

 
At 8:50 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Lol- you KNOW they are, sweet girl!

(so you got the M&M recipe, I understand)

We'll have fun!! :) We'll all be together that's the most important part!

Love you,

Ginga

 
At 6:25 AM , Blogger Granny said...

Our Christmas Eve will be a potluck at the church (the second year of what I hope will become a tradition of inviting the community, especially the homeless and/or lonely to join us.

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Ann

 
At 8:15 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Dear Ann,

That sounds like a wonderful way to spend a Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas to you all!

June

 
At 8:59 AM , Blogger Margaret said...

It's all good at your house I see. Have a wonderful Christmas.
Cheers Margaret

 
At 11:53 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Dear Margaret,

Thanks for visiting me!

Yep-things are shaping up nicely here!

Hope your Christmas is a good one for you!

Love,

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home