Junie's Place: Elvis

Monday, January 08, 2007

Elvis

Happy Birthday Elvis


Sorry to say I had not remembered this until I read Pea's blog today!

Oh, my! This lady has a very impressive ELVIS collection!
Go look!!

**********

As for me, I was a big Elvis fan too. I was a teen when he came on the scene in the
mid 50s.

People have always told my husband he looks like Elvis. I thought so too!
( My husband was born in 1935 in Tennessee-
not very far from Elvis' birthplace )

I don't have an Elvis collectin but DO still have a few albums and still enjoy his music.

My daughter gave me an Elvis (as a child) doll, a couple years ago! He's adorable!
( compare pics of the little Elvis and my husband Charles as a little boy! ;) Elvis is the one wearing a hat!)






This is me with my Elvis child doll-taken last year on January 8th.

Isn't he so cute!












ELVIS!

King of Rock n Roll!




Junie

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 7:07 PM , Blogger TJ said...

watch it Junie...Pea will try to buy that from you...lol!!
:-D

 
At 7:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol- yah-I was reluctant to put him on!!

Junie

 
At 11:22 PM , Blogger Janet said...

Your hubby does look like Elvis in that photo! I had a Elvis post today, too!

 
At 11:26 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

hi Janet,

I'll go check yours out! :) I have been pretty busy tonight and haven't gotten around yet!

(Charles looked like Elvis as a young man too!...I have some early Elvis posts in Feb2006 archives )

Junie

 
At 9:16 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Charles looks like he could be Elvis's brother...he's so cute. I was always a big Elvis fan too Junie. Can't believe it's almost 30 years since his death. That's a nice picture of you.

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Joy,

Thanks for your comments! Elvis and Charles were both cute,eh ?

....All day today BLOGGER has been messed up for me. I have been unable to post comments to anyone. (I think this is my first...if it even goes!!) We'll see!

Junie

 
At 11:29 AM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Ummmm Junie??? Willing to sell that Elvis doll???? hehe Just reacting to Tammy's comment!! LOL Omigosh, how cute is that doll!! And wow, I can't get over how much your hubby looked like Elvis at a young age...that really is something else! Love that picture of you holding the doll:-) Hugs xoxo

 
At 12:23 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

No- couldn't let my Baby Elvis go!
He was a special gift from my youngest daughter.
( Doll collecting is one of my 'things.' I'm gonna show some of them soon-here on my blog!)

Really- ppl. have always told Charles he looked like ELVIS (As a young adult, too)

I did a couple posts about this in my early blogs...I think it was Feb, 2006 Archives- with some young pics of my husband! (I tried to link it but couldn't get it to work.)

Thanks for coming by, Pea.

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home