Junie's Place: Looking ahead...

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Looking ahead...


Hi folks,


Today is a gloomy day here - cold - well, it's 60 and that's pretty chilly for a day time temp for us! Mainly I guess it's the darkness of the sky- the absence of even a little bit of sunshine that's making the day dreary for me. It's not actually as cold as the day looks from my window!

Charles just brought me in a new supply of HoneyBells, but I need to do dishes before I can start on them! Didn't feel like doing them( the dishes) after dinner last night - so there they still sit!! ( Not a new picture! )

Yesterday I discovered my iphoto picture program has gone crazy on me! I can still transport pictures from my camera- or even scans of other things... I can still edit anything (photos or other scans ) but it now will not let me transport pictures from my iphoto program-library!
Oh! But just the new things I put on! The older photos still transport without a problem! It's very strange!

~~~Which means` I can not use any of my new pictures I put there-unless I print them and THEN scan them! A real pain! I have no idea what happened or why - or what to do about it!
I suspect my iphoto program will have to be re-installed . Some parts of it work-but some don't! I wish I knew what to do!!
~~~

And-Marc won't be home for a couple weeks! :< Woe is me!!

~~~

...looking ahead...

(got this in an email from a friend in Reno yestersday. I found some of it really funny!)
~~~


HEADLINES FROM THE YEAR: 2029



Ozone created by electric cars now killing millions in the seventh largest
country in the world, Mexifornia, formerly known as California . White
minorities still trying to have English recognized as Mexifornia's third
language.
~~~
Spotted Owl plague threatens northwestern United States crops and
livestock.
~~~
Baby conceived naturally. Scientists stumped.
~~~
Couple petitions court to reinstate heterosexual marriage.
~~~
Last remaining Fundamentalist Muslim dies in the AmericanTerritory of the
Middle East (formerly known as Iraq , Afghanistan , Syria and Lebanon ).
~~~
Iran still closed off; physicists estimate it will take at least 10 more
years before radioactivity decreases to safe levels.
~~~
France pleads for global help after being taken over by Jamaica .
~~~
Castro finally dies at age 112; Cuban cigars can now be imported legally,
but President Chelsea Clinton has banned all smoking.
~~~
George Z. Bush says he will run for President in 2036.
~~~
Postal Service raises price of first class stamp to $17.89 and reduces
mail
delivery to Wednesdays only.
~~~
85-year $75.8 billion study: Diet and Exercise is the key to weight loss.
~~~
Average weight of Americans drops to 250 lbs
~~~
Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed,
they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.
~~~
Massachusetts executes last remaining conservative.
~~~
Supreme Court rules punishment of criminals violates their civil rights.
~~~
Average height of NBA players is now nine feet, seven inches.
~~~
New federal law requires that all nail clippers, screwdrivers, fly
swatters
and rolled-up newspapers must be registered by January 2036.
~~~
Congress authorizes direct deposit of formerly illegal political
contributions to campaign accounts.
~~~
IRS sets lowest tax rate at 75 percent
~~~
Florida voters still having trouble with voting machines. *
~~~

Now, send this to whoever you want to and as many as you want and guess
what....NOTHING will happen. No miracles, no money, absolutely nothing,
except you might make someone smile


Oh, my!! That last one is not that funny! - *
:(

Junie

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 7:07 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Dear Junie...hopefully you will get some sunshine real soon:-) I wish it was 60 over here...but right now it's 0 F! lol

Your program sounds like it needs to be reinstalled...it will probably be the only way you can get it working fully again.

Love those 2029 headlines...probably all will come true!! LOL

Hugs xoxo

 
At 7:15 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

Well, it wasn't a pretty day at all- but not too cold- just dark and gloomy.
Lol- I felt silly complaining about being cold at 60 degrees!... It was just the mood I was in I think.

... aggravated with my picture program-you know! We get used to our little computer toys! :) I think you're probably right in that it will have to be re-installed....but I haven't a clue How to do that! Have to wait for my son-in- law to get home! He is a long distance trucK driver!

Junie

 
At 9:35 PM , Blogger Peter said...

Hi June, loved the headlines from the future, at least SOME of them WILL happen.

 
At 10:32 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

Someday I will learn to post photos too - maybe. ec

 
At 10:57 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Mreddie,

You would find it fun to do! (posting pictures)

And with you being into nature stuff...the flowers and birds-etc- I bet you would have a lot of interesting things to show us!!

Even if you just have a scanner you can post pictures- I was doing that before I got a digital camera. I was lucky -as I have a son-in- law who helped me a lot to figure things out!

Hope you can do it because it really adds a lot of fun!

June

 
At 10:58 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Peter,

I found that very interesting and fun reading too!

A little scary!!!

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home