Junie's Place: Speaking of snow...

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Speaking of snow...




( Click on pics to enlarge )





OK !

Visiting around the blogs the past few days I have seen a lot of snowy scenes and heard a lot of snowy tales. As for me, there have been very few snow days in my entire life! I remember one snowy Christmas Eve from my early childhood!

And then there was this!!


~~~~~~

...And there was our California trip in 1986!

Our daughter and 2 grandsons had left us just before Christmas to reunite with Marc at Fort Ord in Monterey, Ca. Marc had just returned from a whole year, stationed overseas, but now the family could be together. Fort Ord, Monterey, Ca. was a great place to be stationed and we were happy for the kids...but sad for us!

Up until that time we had been with the kids all their lives! After they left us in Dec. '85- we had decided to visit them in January '86! :) ( I tell ya, it was rough letting those boys go!!)

...Besides... who wouldn't like the idea of a first time trip to California - yah-that had it's appeal, too! :)

~~~~~~

These pictures are from a trip we made from Fort Ord, (where the kids were living in the Army housing there) to Placerville area and on to Lake Tahoe!

Beautiful scenery! In fact- every part of California- from LA to San Francisco...and on thru the farming areas of Salinas Valley...everything we saw was just wonderful! Every part has it's own special beauty!

Anyway-in the area of Lake Tahoe, we saw this...SNOW!!! It wasn't snowing but there was plenty on the ground! Dan, at almost 3 years, had fun making snowballs...Brian , not yet walking, didn't have a really close encounter!

It was lots of fun for us!

~~For me though, the main attraction was those two little guys at the top of my post! :) ~~

Ginga


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 7:40 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh....look at you guys.....the kids are so cute. You all look wonderful. Gosh, it doesn't seem that long ago...doesn't it Junie? Beautiful pics.

 
At 7:44 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Being from Northern Ontario, I'm used to having snow for 6 months of the year so it would be odd for me to be somewhere where there is NO snow! lol I can imagine, though, how exciting it would be for those not used to snow. Love all the pictures!! I read your posts from the links...still laughing at the picture of your hubby trying to make a teeny tiny snowball! lol Hugs xoxo

 
At 7:51 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Pea-

:) so you read about our snowy encounter in NC.... I didn't link to the funniest part of that trip...It would probably be the next post after that one where Chas. is making the snow ball...after I bought the hat...
Had a little mishap in an icy pool... hahaha

Junie

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Joy,

No- doesn't seem that long....but I know it has been- because those sweet little baby boys are big grown-up men now! (As seen in the birthday post for Tina!)

California was great...but the best thing was being with the boys again!

Junie

 
At 4:57 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Some parts of California do get lots of snow, but it's rare in my area. We have had the really cold weather though.
loved seeing all your pics!!
hugs!

 
At 5:14 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Sue,

Thanks for coming by and reading my ramblings so often!

I have relatives in the Placerville area and they DO get quite a bit of snow there!...That trip was very enjoyable for us all! We loved all that we saw of California.

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home