Junie's Place: ...and we're back!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

...and we're back!




First off - I must say we had a super good old time!
(for old folks...I bet you're thinking!) :) That's ok!

We DID have fun in our old and comfortable way!

Savannah is a wonderful city to visit! So much history! So much beauty in the old buildings! It's a quite unique experience - visiting this city!

I will tell you about it in the order that things happened with us...
Hope you will enjoy the trip with us!
~~~


Early Friday morning we were on the road at a little past 7:00 for the approximately 5 hour drive to Savannah! We were both tired from lack of a good night's sleep the previous night but the trip turned out to be a fun time for us. We did a lot of talking and laughing and the music CDs I brought along were left untouched!
...And-thankfully-no Talk Radio, even!
We just talked and laughed together and had an enjoyable drive.

Lol- OK- These pictures may look like Charlie is not very happy- but trust me- some pictures can fool ya! :) "Oh-Charlie!" (says Junie!)








OK - We arrive in Savannah around 12:30...Finally find the motel. (Even with directions printed out -it wasn't that easy!) The motel we had reserved was not in the old Savannah section and we had no clear idea of where the old section of Savannah was in relation to where we were. We needed a map of the city!

And we were unaware that we couldn't check in the room until 3:00!

So here we have almost 3 hours until check in time! My plan was to be able to check in with time enough to rest a little and to freshen up for the dinner out to celebrate our anniversary, in Old Savannah!

...But what do we do when we have time to spare in a strange place! :) RIGHT! We eat! For one thing we didn't want to venture too far from the motel we had finally been able to locate...until we could get hold of a map and figure things out!! ...But it
WAS past lunch time-and dinner was hours away so we went to a nearby steak house for a sandwich!

After we ate we went in search of a map of Savannah. After a futile Wal-Mart search...in which I managed to have a shelf fall, dumping maps and travel books at my feet...(maps of NC-Atlanta-Miami- NYC-and other cities and states near and far-but no map of Savannah-) I quickly made my retreat at the heels of my husband; leaving that fallen shelf behind me! LOL-No! I didn't do it on purpose...besides - it was a small mess I walked away from!...Chas. was leaving me so I had to follow!

We finally found a map at a 'Books A Million' store and by that time it was time to check in the motel!

We thought we'd do most of our sight seeing on the next day but we would go into Old Savannah for dinner a little bit later...We would rest first... I think I actually dozed off for a little bit, after a quick and refreshing shower!

When I awoke Charles wanted to exchange our gifts before going out again! He surprised me with this!!




I didn't expect anything like this, at all - and the book and movie I got for him looked very small compared to this!

~~Oh, but there is also that little garden gnome in Florida Gator garb! ;) He's very cute and Charles liked him a lot! ~~

~~~~

Tomorrow I will tell of our dinner out and our first few hours in Old Savannah!


Love,
Junie



Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

At 11:20 PM , Blogger Granny said...

I'd love to see Savannah some day but meantime I'll enjoy seeing it through your eyes and photos.

Glad you had fun.

 
At 11:28 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Ann,

:) It was fun...and I will be putting on more photos in the next day or so- hope you and everyone enjoys them.

Junie

 
At 11:36 PM , Blogger someone else said...

Oh, my goodness, Junie! The ring is gorgeous. That man has marvelous taste!

 
At 11:58 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Thanks, MG!

He does have good taste in rings!

Junie

 
At 12:23 AM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

You trying to find a motel and searching for a map of the city sounds just like what Steve & I went through on our trip last weekend! lol I'm still giggling at the thought of you leaving the "scene of the crime" at WalMart!! LOL Oh Junie, what a beautiful ring Charles gave you! The man love ya Junie, he really does:-) Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip! xox

 
At 3:45 AM , Blogger Peter said...

A great start for the weekend June.

 
At 4:26 AM , Blogger Judypatooote said...

Wow, beautiful ring for someone who destroys a display and dashes...LOL.....I love the South... especially the old areas with such great buildings....it sounds like your trip was fun...

 
At 7:07 AM , Blogger Skye said...

Which one is the new ring, Junie? Or are they BOTH new?? They both are beautiful, for sure!

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

:) I felt bad leaving that mess in Wal-Mart ....but C. was walking away-fast- so I had to go!

Yep! He does! (Love me) :)

Well, but you DO tend to collect a lot of rings in 46 years!

Junie

 
At 8:53 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Peter,


Yes-It was a lot of fun but tiring!

June

 
At 8:55 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Judy,

LOL- I had to go (in Wal-Mart) or be left behind! haha

Savanna is a fantastic city to visit. We had a great time!

Junie

 
At 8:58 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Skye,

The new ring is the bigger one-on my second finger. He gave me the other one on another anniversary.


Junie

 
At 9:36 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Wow Junie...that's some impressive BLING that Charles got you...beautiful. So glad you both enjoyed Savannah...welcome back.

 
At 9:52 AM , Blogger Skye said...

Well, it's beautiful! I love those little tiny dotty things between the diamonds!

 
At 12:03 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Joy and Skye,

The ring is very pretty-and was totally unexpected!

 
At 12:36 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

How wonderful!!!!!!!

Your hubby loves you and you love him too!

That is superb!!

Look at that BLING!!!!!!

 
At 12:42 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

JD,

;) Well, after all these years we BETTER love each other!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home