Junie's Place: Backyard projects

Friday, May 04, 2007

Backyard projects

(end of Savannah trip in post below this one)



Hi folks,

Today Charles has been working on his backyard projects.

I suppose I will consider this a part of my birthday present, even though it was started a couple weeks ago and will be completed sometime in the future ... who knows when! :) Anyway, he's planning to buy some new roses to plant to replace some we have lost!
(Tomorrow is my birthday so maybe I'll get him to take me rose shopping! What better gift than roses!!)

He finished the arbor thingy...It's a walk- through from the garage ramp and he rebuilt the low wood fence we have separating the ramp from the back yard. I think he did a great job on it!


We have always had rose beds next to this fence. The red ones you see in the pictures are Don Juan-a climber rose that does really well in our area! We have 2 Coral Honeysuckle to plant by the new trellis/abhor! SO much to do!

I went out and did some weeding and clipping in the roses-until I was almost overcome with the heat and exertion! Plainly, I need to do more of this- for my own sake and the sake of my garden, too! I will! I plan to get both myself and my roses in better shape! :)

I'm pleased to say my McCartney roses are doing just fine...blooming their sweet little heads off! ( The pink McCartney pic is from last year)



Around our bird feeders we often have plants come up! I usually let them grow , especially the Sunflowers!
Wouldn't you? :)
Isn't this pretty?

(click photos to enlarge)



Happy Spring, folks!


Love,

Junie

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 7:23 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh Junie, your roses are so very gorgeous and yes, shopping on your birthday for roses is a fabulous idea!! I can't wait to see what Charles is working on when it's all done!! I'll come back to visit you tomorrow to wish you a Happy Birthday:-) xoxo

 
At 7:26 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

It's me again...I just read your previous post and was going to comment on it but I can't see your "comment" link?!! So, I'll say it all here! lol The last day of your trip was just as fabulous as the rest of it...so many interesting sights and places you saw! I love that Bird Girl statue...also love how you answered Charles when he asked you if you really needed that! LOL Love it!! Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us, it was so much fun:-) xox

 
At 7:37 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,


Well, don't know how that happened but I had somehow checked off where it said to not allow comments... but I fixed it!

Happy you enjoyed the trip with us! LOL- well- sometimes a wife just has to stand up for her rights! lol (the statue) BTW- That statue can be bought online- just type in 'Bird Girl' and a lot of stuff comes up! AND - I could have got it cheaper- Oh, well!

charles got me some rose bushes and butterfly bushes this afternoon- so that's probably IT! ;) We will go out for dinner tomorrow night !


Junie

 
At 8:31 PM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ A very Happy Birthday - I hope you have a wonderful day and a
terrific outing and dinner. The roses
sound lovely and they keep coming up with ew ones to tempt us.
Thanks for your comments and I am so glad that you have some of the Free
Gifs. They are so simple and we are lucky to have some and to give some.
Take care, Happy Birthday again. Love, Merle.

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

Thanks very much for the B'day greetings.
(somehow...66 seems like I have just started down the other side of a big hill-haha- 65 didn't seem as bad!) I'm kidding! These high nimbers don't bother me! ;)

I'm sure we will enjoy the dinner out with some of the kids- not sure yet just who will be with us.


Junie

 
At 9:36 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie, Have a wonderfull birthday dinner and hope you get lots of pressies, love the rose and sunflower.
OOOppps
A very happy bithday to you .

 
At 11:02 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your birthday greetings to me! It was a very good one! (LOL- In spite of the high number!!)


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home