Junie's Place: One Eyed Lizzy's

Monday, April 30, 2007

One Eyed Lizzy's


We walked along the river front-looking in shops, watching the big boats-the cruise ships...people watching, too! So many people !

We finally decided on this place for dinner!
It was a really attractive place inside-with the typical old look of the waterfront restaurants!

Charles and I were offered one of those small tables with the very high stools... and right next to an open-air window! ahhh- I didn't really want that with my tendency for accidents! :) I tried the stool out and it seemed a little shaky-and high- for me!
( YES! I have had a few accidents in my time!)

...We almost decided to keep looking but then they found us a table on the second floor! This was an ideal table where we could have a more relaxed meal! Seemed perfect!

We ordered our meals and had some refreshing, icy water as we waited!

Our dinners came in due time and we were ready to eat!

"Wait, wait,"says Junie! " We have to document this with some pictures! " I got Charles before he was able to dig in and quickly passed the camera to him for my turn!


OK- The first one was just awful so I said he should try again! I thought,"Maybe I'll be sipping my cold water for a natural looking shot! " I picked up the glass and brought it to my lips...tipping it just a little too soon, spilling it on my blouse (and a few seconds delay here before I realized) and also on my lap! Oh, my! Icy cold water directly into my lap! I quickly stood and used my napkin to blot up the water on my seat...that is- the seat of the booth I was sitting in! The picture shows where the water hit my blouse, but the most of it went directly to my lap! What a shock to the system!

Nothing much to do about the seat -and the front - of my pants! Oh, well! Nothing left to do but just make the best of it! SMILE ;)
So I did that!
SEE!!










We finished our meal and hurried on up river again-to view the sun setting over the Savannah! We missed the actual moment but got out there and back there -in time to see the sky turn all these beautiful pastel colors!










The sunset is something close to magic for me-the way the colors change from moment to moment, until eventually the purple shades of night take over.

We were both ready to head back to our motel- but first we had to get up those steep stairs to the level of Emmet Park! This pic shows Emmet Park, looking upward from the river street area. This doesn't show the bottom of the wall, but you can get an idea of how high and steep those steps would have to be!

~I Love the look of that wall!~


This is the sky as we were walking through the park, going back to our car!


Perfect!


Love,
Junie

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 6:27 AM , Blogger Peter said...

Some people just can't help themselves can they June?? do you know anyone like that?

 
At 8:02 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

;) Just myself!

 
At 7:04 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Lol Junie, I'm glad I'm not the only one who does things like that! If I'm in a restaurant, I'm bound to either spill my drink or get the food all over me! lol I can just see both of us coming out of a restaurant! hehe Sounds like another perfect day of your trip...love that shot of the moon over the trees!! xox

 
At 10:16 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Pea, you and I sound like 'Birds of a feather!' We would have fun running together, I bet!! :)

LOL- Too bad neither of us like to fly!


Junie

 
At 12:34 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

The stairs that go down to the riverfront are indeed steep. I always hold on to the rail, then I dig in my purse for an antibacterial wipe. Lord only knows how many germs are on those railings!
There's a candy shop there on the river front that makes divine pralines. My mouth is watering just thinking about them!!
Your food looks yummy!!!!
Thanks for sharing these great photos.

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

JD,

I remember passing that candy shop...HEAVENLY aroma! (I imagine Heaven 's streets paved with chocolate! :) ) But not really! :)

Happy yer enjoying our photos, Jamie!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home