Junie's Place: Pink Floyd

Monday, May 14, 2007

Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd

I guess I was like most mothers of kids growing up in the 60s - 70s... concerning
rock music! I didn't want my kids to get so involved in all that rock music seemed to represent in those days ( drugs, mainly), and seemed such a part of it all!

I remember my son became fascinated with a lot of Rock music and , from time to time, would get me to listen with him . One group, and one album in particular, he insisted I listen to with him! It was Pink Floyd, 'The Wall!' And, of course, I found it to be superb...however I resisted becoming a big fan of Pink Floyd in those days!

(After all, I was a mom of teens and I had to keep a cool head-and cool hand-Right?)

~~~

So-my kids grew up escaping the pitfalls and dangers of their time slot allotted to them toward their own travels into adulthood!


Me?
OK--NOW I find myself in a spot in my life when I can explore all this music of my kid's growing up years- without a worry of keeping my kids safe or setting a good example...or whatever the driving forces were for me in those days!

I am often amazed and thrilled beyond words to express- with the treasure trove of music out there for me - waiting to be discovered ! lol! Yes! So much NEW music for me!

I love the concept albums that tell stories...all the songs are connected and they all come together in creating a tale; often of a dark nature.
The music is fantastic!

~~~


Pink Floyd's, 'Dark Side of the Moon' and 'The Wall' are both among the best Rock albums of all time!

~~~

Today I have been watching some YouTube vids from 'Dark Side of the Moon!'


~~Some Lyrics from 'Time.'~~

...And you run and run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking

And racing around to come up behind you again

The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older

Shorter of breath and one day closer to death


Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time

Plans that either come to naught or a half page of scribbled lines

Hanging on in a quiet desperation is the English way

The time is gone the song is over,

thought I'd something more to say...


( written by the young Roger Waters in 1973 ,

but I can certainly relate to these words...)

~~~


(go here for some more Pink Floyd fun!)



Junie



Labels:

13 Comments:

At 6:43 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Rock on, Junie!!

I enjoyed your Mother's Day post.

 
At 7:07 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

As a teen during the "Pink Floyd" days, I never liked the music...but my step dad did...I think he did it to spite us or he was going through a heavy duty Mid life crisis...

 
At 7:13 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi JD,

;) ...Girl of many colors, am I! PINK FLOYD, even! haha

~~~

Glad you enjoyed our Mother's Day pics!

 
At 7:16 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hi Junie:-) Finally catching up with everyone again after not having had time to visit the last couple of days! I so enjoyed seeing all the pictures from your Mother's Day celebrations...sounds and looks like a great time was had:-) I was never a Pink Floyd fan until I was in my late 30's...better late than never eh? lol I just love their "Another Brick in the Wall". xox

 
At 7:24 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

EB,

:) BUT I really do like it! There's a lot to like about the 'prog rock' bands!
Their albums are better if you get into the them as a whole listening experience, not just single songs, because they are theme albums! I like to follow the lyrics!

:) As you may have noticed I like a wide range of music these days. It's exciting to explore all the different music!

Junie

 
At 7:36 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

Yes, we had a good Mother's Day around here! And I know you did too!

About Pink Floyd...I only got into their music this past year-although I knew 'The Wall' album from listening with my son! I just like doing those theme/concept albums-and every now and then get into some Prog/Rock days!!

(did you check out that link I posted at the end? It's very interesting to watch and listen to!)


Junie

 
At 1:37 AM , Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

Junie, your photo of your mum is so beautiful and it truly looks like you had a wonderful day with most of the family. the pictures of the day are great so nice to see faces that go with conversations.

Pink Floyd now who would have thought! lol lol lol lol ((smiles))

best wishes to you see you again soon. Lee-ann

 
At 5:55 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie.Nice to see you surrounded by your family on Mothers day as i was . Ido know how you feel i lost my beautifull Mum 10 years ago and still miss her today.
but I must say im not A pink Floyd fan...

 
At 9:09 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jeanette,

Thanks for coming by.

Yes I had a wondeful Mother's Day with the family and I'm happy you did with yours, too! ( Tho we will always miss our moms!)

lol- well, I wouldn't say I'm a devoted Pink Floyd fan but I have enjoyed exploring their music these past months! It's just something new for me!

Junie

 
At 9:19 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Dear Lee-Ann,

Thanks for coming by and looking at the pics of our day! No better times than being with family!

I will always miss my mom but it gets a little easier as time goes on. She left us 4 years ago this past January.

lol- Yes! I have enjoyed getting into the music of Pink Floyd and other early Rock bands and Progressive Rock bands! ...I guess I just want to connect the music with the names I've heard all through the years. It's fun checking out all the music that I have missed out on through the years!

Will visit your place soon.

Junie

 
At 10:27 AM , Blogger david santos said...

It places fhoto of Madeleine in your bloggue


Missing Madeleine!
Madeleine, MeCann was abduted from Praia da Luz, Portugal on 03/03/07.

If you have any information about her whereabouts, please contact Crimestoppers on 0800555111 Please Help

 
At 7:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi June! I was a late bloomer with Pink Floyd also -- only because it is Jack's favorite band -- but i don't like them like he does -- and i agree with Pea -- Another Brick in the Wall -- i really like that song. I believe that Alan Parsons had something to do with producing them, but i can't remember now what Jack told me. I guess the Alan Parsons Project was not intended to be a stage band because of the type of music or something -- so with all of that misinformation, let me know if you liked their stuff!!!

 
At 8:58 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Bonnie,

I DO like Pink Floyd- or as much as I have heard of them! ...I like those prog rock bands that have the complicated lyrics-LOL- that make little sense! I like to find the lyrics and follow every word.
( It's just a kind of music I am having fun with at this time!)


I don't know a lot about Alan Parsons Project but DO like what I have heard .

I understand he was involved with the last albums of The Beatles-and later with Paul McCartney. Also was involved with Pink Floyd, I believe! I need to research this again- lol- or ask my music friends!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home