Junie's Place: Update of my day! (post #2)

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Update of my day! (post #2)

Our day started out looking pretty good but as the day progressed the haze of smoke hovering over our area became more and more dense. Everywhere you look you see everything cast in a bluish tint!

I ventured out once , thinking I might plant some roses or pull some weeds, but it was just too uncomfortable and unappealing to try to do any of that today!

According to what I have read, there are no brush fires burning in our county, but there are in neighboring counties - thus, the heavy cover of smoke hovering over us! Also, there are wildfires in southern Georgia, contributing to the smoke problem we are experiencing!

Here is an article about our situation in Ocala Star Banner today!

We need rain-BAD!


Junie

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:31 PM , Blogger TO BECOME said...

We have had the smoke problem here before and the smoke was actually coming from Mexico. Strange to me. I will pray you all get some rain. connie from Texas

 
At 10:00 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Connie,

I don't remember it ever being this bad before.

I shouldn't complain, though. It's a lot worse for folks closer to the fires-and in many cases, a real danger- not just an annoyance.

Thanks for coming by and for your comments.

Junie

 
At 4:53 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

It seems so unusual to hear of fires in Georgia and Florida. One would think those states would get plenty of rain.
I hope the fires are stopped and the smoke clears up soon.
It's time for a gully washer!!

 
At 5:13 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi JD,

We are badly in need of rain here. But things are looking better today as far as the smokey skies so maybe the wildfires are under control.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home