Junie's Place: My pretty bed

Sunday, August 19, 2007

My pretty bed











OK ~ got my bed set up yesterday and the room, pretty much in order today!

As the pictures show, we turned both beds with headboards in front of the bow-type windows and the window shelf. There was no other way to fit them both in there...however - I rather like the way it looks. I used that window seat to display some plants (behind the beds) and they will have plenty of sunlight there in front of the windows. The doll case is in the center of the window shelf- with the 2 beds to either side of it! (about 3 feet between the beds)

Only one problem...and I bet you just knew there would be one or two!! LOL-

Well...the problem is that the bed is SOOO high I can barely climb up on it! SOOO high I can't even get a knee up there to hoist myself up! haha-REALLY!! (It measures 33 inches! It reaches me at about my waist! I have to use a stepping stool to get in that bed!! ( As you can see in the pictures, my bed is an old iron bed; built high off the floor! Tomorrow we will look for a shorter mattress box. ( you know- the part that fits under the mattress!). This one is over 8 inches high so if I could find one a few inches shorter it would solve the problem!

I slept on the bed last night and found it very comfortable...except for my fear of falling off during my sleep! Yikes!! Wouldn't it be just my luck to fall off that high bed and break an arm or a leg!! :( ...Or hit my head and make myself more addle-brained than I already am!! ;)

Well- I have to say it all looks pretty, at least!

The cover on my bed is a hand made quilt I bought from my (late) Aunt Netta. We bought 2 for us and one for each of our kids. I love my quilts but had never used them until now. And I will just use this as a top cover and not as a quilt to sleep under! I want to always keep it pretty!
I'm so glad I have these from my dear aunt!

~~~

Today was a long one here for Charlie and me! I have been sad and going back and forth in my decision regarding my little dog, Sadie. The thing is I feel she is still getting some joy out of her life and I don't know if I'm ready to face bringing that to an end for her. She still eats well and she still goes outside ...she still likes to be right by my side...

Something will happen soon...


Junie





Labels: , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

At 8:23 AM , Blogger Val said...

VERY pretty quilts!

I understand what you say about high beds, they can be very off putting. But these don't look that high in the photos. Maybe you should have an "action shot" of you trying to climb into bed...

 
At 9:04 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Val,

lol- an action shot of me getting into that bed would be 'very slow motion!' haha

But I slept well last night-and didn't fall off! :)

Thanks for visiting .



Junie

 
At 1:49 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

LOVE the quilts!! Beautiful indeed!!

Oh poor Sadie.....I'd keep holding on as long as possible I think....they are so sweet!!

 
At 2:04 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for looking at my beds -actually onlt the quilt on my bed is the one my aunt made.

(Speaking of the bed-I can't get the mattress box replaced for about 3 weeks!....By that time I will have fallen off that high bed or gotten used to it! haha)

Yes, I think I will let Sadie go in her own time frame. (Unless she gets in bad pain)...As she is now I would feel like it was just a measure to make it easier on myself to let her go! I have never given the final word on ending a pet's life and I just find it sooo hard to do...Of course that may change!


June

 
At 3:41 PM , Blogger Skye said...

I love your new bed, Junie! I'm glad it's more comfortable for you. I hope you will soon find an easy way to get into it! I'm sure you won't fall out of it, though...

I'm sure you will know if/when Sadie's life is not worth living for her any more, and then the decision will be clear for you. Until then, just enjoy every minute you can with her!

 
At 5:25 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

How sweet and comfy your room looks!!
:)

 
At 5:42 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks ,

Skye

and

Tammy.

Yes- I like the way the room looks and I am resting better.


...and thanks also , Skye, for your Sadie comments. I just don't have the heart to do anything right now about her.


Junie

 
At 9:26 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Now all I can picture is you trying to get on that bed! lol High beds scare me too, the floor seems so far away!!! hehe I so love the quilts, just beautiful and made more special because they were made by your Aunt Netta...glad you're using them:-) As for Sadie, I know what a hard decision you have to make...big hugs to you!! xoxo

 
At 9:40 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

Yah! I bet it is a funny sight to see...me and that big old bed! (all 4ft-11 inches of me!!! haha)

Ordered a shorter bed-box but it won't be available for 3 weeks!

:) hope I can manage not to fall off before then!
Of course I can always sleep on the other bed but this mattress is much more comfortable for me!!

Thanks Pea, for your kind and understanding words concerning my little dog! (she just surprised me by eating ALL of her food tonight)

xox


Junie

 
At 11:55 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Very, very pretty!

 
At 8:42 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, JD

 
At 5:12 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ I love the look of your new bed and I am so glad that it is more comfortable for you. I hope
you don't fall out of it, but you will get used to it and WON'T.
Think positively!! Take care, Love,
Merle.

 
At 9:25 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Merle,

I am resting much better on the new bed! And we have a lower mattress box ordered, so that will bring it down a few inches! Will be a couple weeks .

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home